For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Reporting to our VP Finance - Northern, Central & Eastern Europe and META regions (also based in London) the Finance Director - UK & Nordics owns all financial matters within this UK-centric sub-region.
Managing a mid-size team of financial professionals across two main office locations, the Finance Director - UK & Nordics is responsible for financial reporting, budgets, forecasting, cost saving as well implementing global strategy across the sub-region all the while striving to drive business performance through close collaboration with senior sub-regional sales colleagues.
Purpose of the Role
- Business and sparring partner to VP Sales, UK & Nordics to drive business results
- Translates strategy for NCE Europe into action across UK & Nordics business
- Drives business performance (especially: revenue, EBITDA, Cash)
- Drives implementation of savings targets for Finance and wider business
- Accountable to deliver sales, profit and cash targets for the sub-region
- Influence pricing and contract renewals/pitches to deliver sales growth
- Work closely with the wider region and Group teams in delivery of targets
- Leadership of the Business Partnering, Financial and Management Accounting, Tax and Treasury functions for UK & Nordics
- Key member in UK & Nordics leadership teams
- Manage relationship and output of O2C, P2P and R2R teams at external BPO provider
- Develop and recruit talent that can embrace and drive the change
- Ensure succession and talent plans are in place throughout the organisation
- Complete review of financial results. Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical)
- Control costs, monitor and report on sub-regional performance
- Monitor and control working capital; drive measures for optimization
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with applicable regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Internal and external audit management
- Statutory and tax reporting for 6 legal entities
- Budgets and accurate forecasts for sub-region and their delivery
- Bi-weekly Cashflow forecast and actual delivery against this
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Ensure most effective and efficient legal, tax and audit structure, supported by global and regional experts
- Risk management
- Completion of ad hoc projects and information requests as required regionally or on global level
Experience and skills required
- Qualified accountant
- 5+ years’ work experience in a senior-level finance position esp. in a complex and very dynamic environment, with strong focus on supporting sales organizations
- Preferably experienced working in an international / matrix environment
- Ability to review financial data and understand financial reports, statements, and projections
- Experienced with Statutory and Compliance reporting requirements and processes
- Experience of working with a shared services or BPO model
- Proven leadership skills and ability to initiate, drive and execute projects for businesses
- End user skills preferred: SAP, Microsoft Navision, Tagetik
- Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!
GfK UK has committed to a net zero carbon emissions policy by 2026.