For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Data Supply associate is an operational role within the Data Supply team, responsible for ensuring that all data delivered from retailers is complete, on time and is processed within the agreed schedules adhering to GfK Global processes.
You will also be responsible for new retailer setups, Retailer Product Group (RPG) category assignments, data queries and the quality of retailer data received. You will work closely with the internal teams of Field, Coding and Retail to improve data supply and quality of data through to client reporting.
This role requires high attention to detail, the ability to learn internal tools quickly and the aptitude to work in a fast-paced environment, whilst maintaining our high quality standards.
In line with our flexible working policy, you will be required to work an hour on Sunday late afternoon / early evening to ensure that all retailers have delivered data as per their contract and the data has started to process through our internal system, to ensure that we are able to deliver on our client commitments.
- Working closely with the Senior Data Supply Executive to ensure that data is delivered and processed to agreed schedules in line with GfK Global processes, identifying any issues and promptly correcting
- Effectively use GfK global processes and tools to improve speed and quality
- Maintain retailer category assignments required for Total Store Reporting
- Working closely with the offshore Data Supply team to ensure new stores (branches) are created and assigned according to GfK processes and best practices
- Assessing data quality of new retailers, ensuring that they adhere to GfK Global standards
- Working with the internal Retail team to ensure regular contact with data suppliers to improve delivery, speed and content
- Meet or exceed key performance indicators (KPIs) for retailer delivery and data loading
- Ensuring all helpdesk ticket queries are handled efficiently and effectively in line with the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Skills & Experience
- Highly proficient within Microsoft Office suite of tools, Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, particularly data manipulation within Excel and Access
- Knowledge of Macros would be advantageous (i.e., creating, altering and running macros in excel)
- Data processing experience desirable
- Proven experience of learning new systems
- Enjoys learning new aspects of the role
- Excellent task, time management and prioritisation skills
- Attention to detail and high quality standards are essential
- Ability to understand and analyse data
- A systematic, logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to maintain and develop good working relationships
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!