United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Commercial Account Director, GfK Consumer Life is responsible for ambassadorship and business development for the suite of GfK Consumer Life products and services. In this role, you will own the new client relationship; this encompasses prospecting, negotiation, ensuring effective and timely delivery through the service teams and renegotiation of contracts. The Commercial Account Director will also be highly visible, representing the GfK brand to the outside world and as such is expected to consistently live that brand within GfK and in the marketplace. The Commercial Account Director is jointly responsible with the client services team for delivering exceptional thinking, recommendations and service to impact GfK’s and our clients’ business.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Build and maintain strong client relationships, inspiring confidence in our clients that GfK provides premium consultation services and support.
- Consult with clients about how to leverage the power of GfK’s insights to best support their business.
- Revenue Generation – Responsible for identifying, prospecting and developing business opportunities with new and existing clients for GfK Consumer Life and its product portfolio.
- Highlight potential opportunities and win new business for GfK Consumer Life
- Conduct client negotiations for new sales
- Manage overall new client relationship with GfK, liaising with internal departments to provide a client centric experience.
- Provide strategic guidance and thought leadership in related industries especially as pertains to market segments and emerging trends.
- Demonstrate excellent strategic skills in reviewing and supporting thought leadership for syndicated reports, projects, and marketing initiatives.
- Represent GfK at related industry events, including speaking engagements at conferences and networking events, as well as publications and press releases.
Ideally, you will bring the following to this role:
- 15+ years of relevant experience in the market research industry (brand, trends, and supplier knowledge preferred), with a proven record of accomplishment of driving revenue growth, and exceptional client service.
- At least 10 years of high-level account management experience and 5+ years of significant sales management experience working within a global organization.
- Deep understanding of client markets, including industry issues, trends and direction, and a mastery of competitive profiling and positioning. Ability to identify and quantify market opportunities.
Ability to Integrate various data streams into compelling narratives and actionable recommendations delivered to senior level clients and prospects..
- Ability to network, create, and sustain relationships at the C-level and is self-confident as subject matter expert. Capable of winning business and building meaningful client relationships.
- Must have excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills.
Bachelor’s degree in business, psychology, or sciences, or equivalent experience.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!