For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Under the leadership of the Finance Director you are responsible for the general accounting from A to Z. You are fully responsible for compliance with Belgian laws and regulations. For a number of tasks including accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash and banks, you therefore work closely with colleagues within several GfK offices and the outsourcing partner. Your responsibilities will include the analysis and reporting of costs and revenues (costing P&L, performance reports, cost transfers/SLAs, dashboards) and monitoring the processing of supplier invoices. Together with your colleagues you take care of the closing activities (monthly to annually), interim financial reports and the annual accounts. You take care of the VAT and corporate tax returns. You supervise audits and tax inspections and are closely involved in drawing up the budget, forecast and cash flow prognosis. If necessary you offer support in the implementation of ad hoc projects with a financial administrative interface.
Now that we’ve introduced you to the position, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- You have a Bachelor degree in Accountancy / Fiscal affairs and at least 5 years of work experience in Finance/Accounting
- You are familiar with BTW declarations and corporation tax
- You are familiar with SAP
- You have a very good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word)
- You speak and write fluently in Dutch and you can also express yourself fluently in English (international environment), preferably also some French
- You work very accurately and respect the agreed deadlines
- You have a very analytical mind
- You are communicative and enterprising and like to work independently as well as in a team
- An adventure full of challenges and the opportunity to further develop your talents and build your career.
- An exciting work environment that brings people together.
- An international work environment.
- A good work-life balance, where you are able to work 50% from home
Apply now! Become a member of GfK Belgium’s Finance team.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!