United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Who We Are:
MRI-Simmons Research is a leading consumer insights company. We are an established organization, with a great brand, that is aggressively reinventing itself through investments in technology and people!
What We Do:
MRI-Simmons measures consumer preferences, attitudes, and behaviors. We do this by collecting data through surveys and passively measured data in a way that is representative of the general population, applying data science and making sense of consumer data through enterprise-grade software. Marketers and media companies then use MRI-Simmons data and technology to develop marketing strategies, consumer segmentation schemes and media activation approaches. The MRI-Simmons Insights Product is a consumer intelligence and discovery platform that provides marketers with faster access to actionable consumer insights.
As an Account Director within our East Coast, New York based sales team; you'll be tasked with growing partnerships with large media planning agencies, digital shops and media properties in New York and along the East Coast. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide excellent client service, research, and market analysis. Beginning with a list of existing clients, you will develop deep relationships and seek opportunities to help solve their media or marketing needs using our suite of premier products and industry leading solutions. We’re looking for someone with drive and determination, who can be self-motivated, willing to go the extra mile and successfully grow their desk of business. An out-of-the box thinker who can capitalize on new opportunities and thrive in a strong team-based environment. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a tremendous opportunity to raise their industry profile with an established industry leader. Digital attributes desired.
As the Account Director, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Manage a current account list responsible for renewals, upsell, and overall account management, including invoicing and CRM updates.
- Annual renewal and new business budgets to attain from existing accounts and territory development.
- Prepare integrated research-based presentations and proposals, building new strategic approaches to our products and enhancing MRI’s reputation as a consultant and partner.
- Through a consultative approach, generate revenue and achieve annual goals by upselling syndicated and custom solutions.
- Utilize MRI data to align with the clients' marketing strategies, identify new business opportunities, attend client meetings, and deliver actionable insights.
- Generate and grow advertising business across our product lines, develop and cultivate deep relationships with agency executives and clients and manage all aspects of advertising campaigns to ensure that we meet performance and optimization requirements.
- Successfully prospect, network and develop new business opportunities in designated markets.
- Communicate effectively with clients both written and orally and provide excellent customer support.
- Knowing all there is to know about the client’s product or service, the market and its consumer – and understanding the marketing objectives in terms of sales, market-share and competitor products
- Develop positive, trusting, and collaborative relationships with clients by staying in regular contact and attending client meetings
- Negotiate annual or multi-year contracts and ensure maximum renewal rate.
- Develop insightful presentations and educate clients on current GFK MRI capabilities and resources.
Now that we have introduced you to the position of Account Director, what skills, qualifications, and experience should you, have?
- Minimum 3-5 years selling market research (syndicated or custom) or experience within an agency or marketer, media company.
- Must have outstanding organizational and communication skills with attention to detail.
- Excel at presenting and telling a story with data.
- Working knowledge of syndicated consumer data, a plus.
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Excellent business acumen, problem solving, project management and analytical skills.
- Digital experience.
What we offer:
- 401K Match
- Medical/ Vision/ Dental Insurance
- Work life balance- Hybrid or Remote schedule
- Tuition Assistance – up to $5,250.00 yearly
- 11 paid corporate Holidays
- Life / Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Supplier Discounts/ Plum Benefits partnership
At GfK we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!