For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
What activities will you support as a Data Science workstudent?
- Support the development and implemention Data Science solutions
- Support the creation of input for client proposals
- Support Data Science related tasks for internal and external projects and work streams
- Create and improve methods and tools, and contribute to best practices in the area of Data Sciences
- Consult internal clients on Data Science related issues
- Work in Big Data environments (e.g. AWS EMR, Map/Reduce, Hive, Cloudera Hadoop)
- Work in a constantly evolving Data Science ecosystem and across its frameworks
- Support in sourcing data
What are some skills that we look for (not a checklist) :
- Basic knowledge of at least one analytic programming languages (e.g., Python, R)
- Basic skills with regard to database handling, in particular SQL or NoSQL
- Statistical modeling skills (e.g, predictive models)
- Basic knowledge of optimization and / or machine learning algorithms and / or deep learning algoritms
- Basic understanding of AI (i.e. principles, tools, areas of application)
- Ability to think creatively in addressing analytical objectives
- Ability to fluidly communicate in an English business environment
- Is matriculated at a Bachelor or Master degree that reflects strong modelling, statistics and IT skills
- First relevant work experience (e.g., through internships) desirable, but not mandatory
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!