United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Vice President, Consulting position at Consumer Insights encompasses broad responsibilities in a fast-paced consulting environment, leveraging a strong marketing research background while playing a primary role in leading and managing large-scale consulting engagements for a number of GfK’s top technology clients.
The VP Consulting interacts closely with Consumer Insights senior management and is expected to be a key leader in the practice area and work regularly with client teams from a variety of industries with a special focus on Technology and Digital Media. Consumer Insights offers a unique challenge for bright individuals who take pride in performing work with accuracy, quality, dedication, and detailed follow-through in a casual, yet professional, environment where creativity, collaboration, and intellectual curiosity are highly regarded.
This role includes the following:
- Strategic consulting responsibility for nurturing client relationships and ensuring complete client satisfaction; deliver breakthrough insights and analysis, plus strategic and creative solutions to client business challenges
- Grow GfK’s technology practice on the West Coast by expanding existing relationships and developing new business by leveraging personal contacts and professional relationships
- Develop client proposals and business pitches.
- Oversee delivery on client projects
- Collaborate effectively within the Consumer Insights and with colleagues throughout GfK to ensure client success
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time within major US and International markets
Ideally, you will bring the following:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in market research/consumer insights in technology at the client or supplier side; familiarity with both B2C and B2B research a plus.
- Solid understanding of quantitative and qualitative research techniques (e.g., habits and practices, image and attitude, consumer segmentation, path to purchase/customer journey, behavioral and purchase data) and working with research suppliers
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize market research and trends into new insights and recommendations wrapped in a compelling story for presentation to clients
- Proven ability in delivering new business in a consultative environment
- Demonstrated ability in project management and business writing, with an overall “big picture” understanding of the issues and business in general; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent client service orientation: great social poise and persuasive communication skills to work effectively with different personalities plus the drive to deliver high-quality results to wow clients and earn their respect & recognition
- Strong collaborative spirit and behavior. Interfaces well with others and in a team setting. Works toward team goals and participates actively and supportively in team decisions.
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills; ability to work in a collaborative environment; strong work ethic
- Applicants should be well-versed in MS office applications (especially PowerPoint & Excel)
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. Master's degree in business administration, marketing, or data analytics preferred.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!