United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Who We Are:
MRI-Simmons Research is a leading consumer insights company. We are an established organization, with a great brand, that is aggressively reinventing itself through investments in technology and people! The innovative private equity firm, Symphony Technology Partners, also backs us.
What We Do:
MRI-Simmons measures consumer preferences, attitudes and behaviors. We do this by collecting data through surveys and passively measured data in a way that is representative of the general population, applying data science and making sense of consumer data through enterprise-grade software. Marketers and media companies then use MRI-Simmons data and technology to develop marketing strategies, consumer segmentation schemes and media activation approaches.
The Software Engineering Manager is responsible for balancing the development team’s work between cross-functional strategic projects. You will support and develop the engineers on your team by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities, as well as propose and drive processes to facilitate and promote communication, transparency, and trust. Together with the team, you will support delivery by providing estimations, context, and clarity to ensure the team delivers the agreed work with quality and excellence.
As Software Engineering Manager, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Plans and leads the development of new software products and/or enhancements
- Oversees the analysis, design, development and maintenance of software solutions
- Oversees the definition and documentation of business and technical design requirements
- Ensures all software solutions and enhancements are fully tested, debugged and meet product quality standards prior to release to QA
- Ensures all projects are delivered on time, within budget and within a high level of corporate quality standards
- Ensures all reported system issues are resolved
- Determines practicality of ideas based on projected costs and sales potential
- Oversees application administration activities
- Ensures technology solutions support the needs of the customer and/or organization
- Performs continuous review of technologies, industry standards and industry-related developments and makes recommendations relative to the need for further research and associated changes
- Coordinates work and services with other departments, contract service providers, and vendors
- Provides consistent leadership to each individual; sets objectives; reviews performance, produces career development plans, and addresses concerns
- Train and mentor new employees
Now that we have introduced you to the position as Software Engineering Manager, what skills, qualifications and experience should you, have?
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Java programming language
- Minimum 2 years of experience supporting services in a production environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading/managing a team of software engineers
- Must have experience working with remote teams
- Experience working on a team with a CI/CD process.
- Familiarity using collaboration tools like Jira to communicate and plan team’s work.
- Great analytical and math skills
- Incredible problem-solving abilities
- Ability to give constructive criticism
- Ability to make decisions quickly
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!