For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
As a Senior Specialist in Accounts Payable you are an important team member within our Finance team. You are technically strong in complex procure to pay processes and will work very closely with our international service provider in the Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process.
Your area of responsibility has a very strong international focus and includes the following tasks:
- Main contact for the entire Purchase-to-Pay process (SME: subject matter expert for P2P) in the sense of a vendor manager as the interface to our external service provider
- Closely aligned with the procurement team to ensure timely approval of purchase orders and invoices
- Drive best practice through the delivery of improvements in the P2P area, both automating and streamlining processes
- Quality assurance of the invoice flow in the P2P area of our external service provider
- Establishing of systematic internal controls within the P2P process (KPI)
- Carrying out spot checks of incoming invoices with regard to legal and tax requirements (sales tax, wage tax, travel law and withholding tax)
- Central contact person for the solution of invoice differences in consultation with the external service provider
- Support and cooperation with other teams (e.g. taxes, controlling, purchasing) as well as the end users of the domestic and foreign group companies
You have a high level of communication skills and maintain a professional appearance even under pressure. In addition, you are able to oversee complex situations and manage multi-task environments. In addition to a proactive manner and a strong team ethos you should ideally have the following skills and qualifications:
- Several years of relevant professional experience in a comparable position
- Experience as a central business partner for the P2P process in all questions regarding the correct handling of P2P business transactions
- Previous experience of guiding, supporting and developing a remote SSC or BPO in the processes that P2P encompasses
- A motivational leader with exceptional negotiation skills
- ERP affinity, especially SAP would be an asset
- Business level English and fluent German language skills required
- Professional in German tax, capable of documenting procedures in a concise format for guidance when working remotely
- Solution-oriented approach for both internal and stakeholders
- High degree of responsibility and reliability
- High customer orientation and a strong service mentality
- Ability to quickly understand complex situations and problems
- Systematic approach and process-oriented thinking
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!