For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
As a Senior Linux engineer, you will be working on the stabilization and standardization of the Linux environment. You will be introducing new technologies to further enhance and optimize the Linux environment. You will be managing projects for the deployment of new monitoring tools, automation, and orchestration. You will be the subject matter expert of our diverse global team, organizing the technical activities, operations, and project work so your communication and enthusiasm are very important to us.
As a Senior Linux Engineer, you will have key accountabilities to:
- Plan, design, and proactively develop server platforms to help support cross-organization systems
- Configure and maintain server platforms to ensure reliable operations through mechanisms like automation
- Lead and participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all server hardware and software
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery to ensure effective availability, protection, and integrity of server infrastructure
- Work with key stakeholders to plan and implement upgrades as required as well as mentor and provide leadership to junior members of the team
Now that we've introduced you to the position as Senior Linux Engineer, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- Experience as a Linux server engineer for a large user group (1000+ RedHat/Debian based servers) multi-site environments, commissioning and administering physical and virtual servers in private and public clouds
- Strong scripting skills and a good understanding of Infrastructure as Code, design and security, configuration management, integration, deployment, performance monitoring and tuning
- Knowledge of automation platforms including VMware vRA/vRO, Ansible, Azure Automation, AWS Cloud Formation, Terraform.
- Experience working with micro services and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
Besides the things we really expect you to have, there are some things which would be amazing if you have experience with them as well:
- Agile Project management – Kanban/Scrum/SAFe
- ITIL Processes
- Innovative technical skills
- Valid Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Our people in our teams are the most important, so we are looking for individuals who:
- Love agile working methodology and are able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Wants to work in a dynamic and diverse environment
- Have strong analytical skills
- Have a passion for new technology
- Worked in leadership/mentoring positions or has the passion and ability and wants the next step in their career
- Are able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure situations
- Good communicators not only at their desk but also with their team members across the globe
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!