For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
As part of the Point of Sale (POS) division in GfK we are looking for a seasoned Senior Full Stack Engineer that can help us build awesome web-based data analytics and visualisation products.
While historically POS reporting was all about what happened, as one of world’s leading market research firms we are changing the status quo by using predictive analytics to tell our big-name clients what is going to happen instead – plus what actions we recommend them to take to leverage these predictions.
Many of our clients are global, demanding and well-established brands that you probably interact with on a daily basis both online as well as in your living room.
Senior Full Stack Engineers are at the forefront of delivering our vision and are expected to take ownership of delivering features and improvements in a way that enables us to maintain and grow our apps on the long term as well.
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer you will have following key accountabilities:
- You own features and drive them to delivery end to end
- You understand why we are building things and bring suggestions and idea’s on how to solve our customers’ problems in the best way
- You create experiences that work across devices and platforms
- You create software that is extensible, maintainable and observable
- You coach and mentor junior and medior engineers to higher levels
Now that we've introduced you to the position as Senior Full Stack Engineer, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- You are a self starter and take ownership easily
- You have experience writing production grade NodeJS and React code, preferably using TypeScript
- You know how to write unit tests and what’s the good and bad sides of measuring code coverage
- You have experience with Git and using CI/CD pipelines to get your work in production
- You are able to take an UX/UI design and transform it into cross-screen compatible HTML and CSS using tools like LESS or SASS
- You are curious and am eager to understand how clients use your software
- You are a team player and am not afraid of eXtreme Programming practices like pairing and mobbing
Besides the things we really expect you to have, there are some things which would be amazing if you have experience with them as well:
- You have used or played with GraphQL and understand it’s powers and weaknesses
- You have used Google Cloud Platform
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!