For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Key Responsibilities – Application Services Architecture
The Application Services Architect’s primary responsibility is to develop and maintain an application architecture blueprint for GfK and manage the roadmap for the applications contained within it. This individual will provide technical leadership and consulting across the organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level.
- Develop and maintain the application architecture blueprint for GfK;
- Manage the application portfolio, ensuring that GfK has a clear understanding of its estate (i.e. business value, supportability, etc.), and has workable processes to identify and eliminate duplicate and or redundant applications;
- Develop, document, communicate and enforce principles, standards and processes to support the procurement of Commercial Off-The-Shelf products and/or development of bespoke applications/components;
- Lead the Application Services Community of Interest (featuring architects from the Client Solution Groups, specialist architects working within Group IT project teams, application developers etc.), reviewing business objectives and evaluating which applications/components are best applied to deliver the solution;
- Support the integration of applications, acting as technical authority and facilitating workshops with working with all relevant stakeholders to define the requirements and approach.
Technical Design Authority Areas (Shared by All Architects)
- Regularly review GfK’s business goals and strategies and propose ways to align these to the evolving information technology landscape;
- Work with the IT Senior Management Team to develop the IT Strategy, identify any areas where existing processes may need to be updated and help plan the execution of those updates;
- Coordinate with technical design area leaders to oversee the strategic development of internal technology so that it aligns with GfK’s vision and the IT strategy;
- Maintain and support the Enterprise Architecture standards and policies library so that it is functional, available, timely, and widely accessible;
- Work with solution architects and development teams in the wider Technology & Data organization to harmonize the IT vision throughout the enterprise;
- Suggest new ideas and insights to enhance the value of IT to GfK based on evolving trends and new technologies which would support the optimization of global information technology;
- Search for areas where cost reduction opportunities may be possible (e.g. cases where workflow may be duplicated or where processes drain value from the corporate mission);
- Educate and also elicit input from technology teams and subject area leaders on new and evolving changes to policies and standards as they move through review phases;
- Share review findings, justifications, and recommendations to leaders and business stakeholders during projects implementing new strategies.
Skills & Experience Required
- Deep understanding of how to develop and maintain enterprise and solution-level architectural designs;
- Strong knowledge of system and/or software quality assurance best practices and methodologies;
- Strong knowledge of how to link cross-functional applications between disparate business units and systems;
- Strong understanding of application concepts related to cloud (SaaS) technologies;
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping;
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.;
- Excellent understanding of GfK’s goals and objectives;
- Strong understanding of end-user needs and requirements;
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills;
- Excellent writing and documentation skills;
- Able to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language;
- Able to conduct research into application issues and products;
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail;
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Architect
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!