For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Retail within GfK, ‘owns’ the retail partnership – encompassing prospecting, negotiation, ensuring effective and timely delivery through the product teams and renegotiation of contracts. Our Retailers will see their Retail representative as their principle contact with GfK and as a result, Retail personnel need an impressive array of skills & abilities to ensure that a Retail centric relationship is established whilst protecting GfK’s interests. Principally this is a commercial role, where the target is to bring the partnership to the next level and bring more Retailers to our panels. To be successful, Retail colleagues need to be able to translate GfK requirements, and needs, to Retailers and encourage long-term cooperation by offering products and services.
This role sits at the heart of GfK’s POS Tracking offering and therefore the ability to work closely, principally with Client Solutions as well as other GfK departments, will determine overall success. The sales colleague will need to be able to work across a retailer’s organisation structure to ensure all opportunities and needs are being uncovered.
The successful postholder will oversee a predominantly Hungarian client base as well as occasionally clients based in Croatia & Serbia.
- Connect with Sales and Client Solution people to define which Retailers are essential for the Panel
- Establish an acquisition plan and follow it through with Retail Manager (countries/regions)
- Utilize GfK expertise when required
- Develop, sustain and grow GfK’s presence with retailers
- Manage overall retail relationship with GfK, liaising with internal departments to provide a retail centric experience.
- Consult with retailers about how to leverage the power of GfK’s insights to best support their business
- Ensure maximum communication with the other internal GfK departments. Build relationships that will support the growth needed for GfK’s insights.
- Meeting monthly targets; exceeding assigned quarterly and annual quotas
Skills & Experience required
Retail / Industry
- Deep understanding of retailer’s organization
- Ability to network GfK’s services and products to match client’s retail requirements
- Ability to work with other GfK product experts
- Build effective relationships with retailers
- Ability to highlight retail issues and convert to opportunities for the Sales team
- Ability to build lasting retail relationships
- Ability to hunt-out and quantify, market opportunities
- Understand and ‘sell’ the value of GfK’s proposition
- CRM Management
- Liaison with GfK stakeholders for current and developing opportunities
- Develop offer and negotiation strategy and tactics
- Storytelling ability and presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- being able to act as a “door opener”
Project Management (basic)
- Offer/negotiation as a project
- Script/Storyline for team offers and negotiations
- Implementation and follow through
Self / Personality
- Communication / interaction skills / authority
- Native Hungarian language skills
- English (key note / excellent orator) language skills
- Client oriented attitude / willingness to go the extra mile
- Intercultural competencies and sensitivity
- Warmth / empathy / ability to build sustainable relationships
- Eagerness to expand within client organization
- Software skills / MS Office
- "Active listening" skills
- Croatian/Serbian language skills a plus
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!