United States of America
Product & Clients
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
NOTE: This position will be located in our Long Beach, CA office.
About Marketing Effectiveness
Every brand communication colors the lens through which we experience brands. That is why our advertising, brand and communication team merged with our customer satisfaction and experience team to develop the innovative approaches of Marketing Effectiveness. We help our clients develop and evaluate brand communication, which is core to customer experiences. That provides clients with insights that are more relevant and helps them develop strategies that are more effective. Our customer-centric approach lets clients understand the brand-customer dialogue, which leads to improved advertising and brand management, generating strong emotional connections.
As a Research Analyst, you are responsible for specific project phases, supporting senior staff members. The Research Analyst is able to contribute to complex technical tasks. You will be expected to focus on several areas of specialization and have an interest in quantitative research, the automotive industry, and brand and consumer experience.
You should be proficient in several research tools, including GfK's online portal software, statistical analysis software package, Excel and PowerPoint, which you will use to complete project tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibility
- Serve as liaison with project management staff to monitor the implementation of projects
- Assist in developing table / banner plans to ensure accuracy for analysis purposes
- Perform quality assurance function in data table output, as well as reports and other client deliverables
- Learn and create programs that automate tasks in Excel or SPSS
- Design PowerPoint slides for each survey question or section, using prior reports and adding new design elements
- Work with and understand complex and large sets of data
- Analyze and report research results that will be reviewed and may be edited by senior researchers
Experience and Skill:
- Minimum of 3-5 years within the Market Research industry (vendor or client side)
- Balance of strong team skills and ability to work well independently
- Ability to problem-solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to explain complex issues concisely and effectively
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Proficiency in statistical and data reporting tools, such as SPSS or Survey Reporter, a plus
- Prior brand and/or ad tracking experience a plus
- Experience in the automotive industry a plus
- BA/BS in Marketing or related degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!