United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
A Research Director/Consultant is responsible for creating engaging deliverables tailored to the client, building client relationships, consulting with clients on key business issues, developing proposals, and contributing to thought-leadership of Automotive syndicated deliverables. This individual should have a passion for automotive, insight generation, and a strong client service orientation. This position will be on-site with the client 2-3 days per week.
This role includes the following:
- Development and oversight of monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc report deliverables tracking brand and model health, marketing effectiveness, and demand for automotive brands.
- Prepare reports and presentations to communicate study findings in an engaging manner. Integrate insights from GfK research with outside sources to provide a holistic analysis that tells a story.
- Analyze data with SPSS to identify deeper insights and underlying trends and opportunities for our clients to leverage.
- Consult with clients and provide recommendations on how to improve their brands based on market research study findings.
- Present quarterly and ad-hoc analysis, insights, and recommendations to a wide ranging mid to senior level audience onsite at the client. Audience includes client representatives from research, brand team, product planning, and advertising.
- Provide excellent customer service that deepens existing client relationships and generates incremental business.
- Assist in managing changes to current studies and contribute to the development of new products.
- Collaborate with project management team to execute project specifications and deliver quality results to clients.
- Assist with creating proposals and pricing for renewals and new business opportunities.
Ideally, you will bring the following:
- 5-7 years of experience in the market research industry or in a role responsible for analyzing data and writing reports with recommendations.
- Experience using SPSS.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to create impactful graphical presentations of data in a variety of formats and frame/direct analyses.
- Ability to anticipate, quickly address and make correct decisions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to interact with clients professionally on data inquiries, business issues and new business opportunities.
- Familiarity with or working experience in the automotive industry (terminology, makes/models, upcoming launches, key trends, etc.) preferred.
- Will be based on-site 2-3 days per week.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. Master's degree in business administration, marketing, or data analytics preferred.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!