United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Who We Are:
MRI-Simmons Research is a leading consumer insights company. We are an established organization, with a great brand, that is aggressively reinventing itself through investments in technology and people! The innovative private equity firm, Symphony Technology Partners, also backs us.
What We Do:
MRI-Simmons measures consumer preferences, attitudes and behaviors. We do this by collecting data through surveys and passively measured data in a way that is representative of the general population, applying data science and making sense of consumer data through enterprise-grade software. Marketers and media companies then use MRI-Simmons data and technology to develop marketing strategies, consumer segmentation schemes and media activation approaches.
The Product Manager is responsible for supporting the MRI-Simmons Insights Platform, both migrating legacy features and creating net-new products to enhance our digital offering. They will report into a Sr. Product Manager as their direct supervisor.
The ideal candidate will be a cross-disciplinary triple threat with skills in operational management, UX design, and passion for creating innovative applications to visualize and enhance the value of data. They should value collaboration and possess a keen desire to have a direct impact on user experience throughout the product lifecycle.
The candidate must have hands-on skills with UX design, conducting user research interviews, organized management of deliverables, and clear communication. The Product Manager is a key manager of the product release cycle, creating release notifications to the account and marketing departments. They will have a primary role in the intake of client feedback from the account management team and escalate critical bugs and requests for new products/features.
They should have direct experience in the consumer insights or data analytics space and, ideally, automated tools. Additionally, they should have a deep understanding of the traditional and digital advertising ecosystem.
The Product Manager will act as a business owner for their assigned tools and projects, interacting with clients to understand their needs and develop them into innovative, saleable products. The candidate will also be responsible for increasing the adoption of the existing product line by working closely with account management product marketing, sales and other client facing teams.
As Associate Product Manager, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Support new product ideas and execute the product roadmap based on market direction, user feedback and customer goals
- Monitor product development and work closely with product managers, engineering, and client facing teams to ensure product development is on track and ensure final outcomes meet user needs and business goals
- Define and document product requirements for enhanced and net new development
- Conduct user interviews/tests for external/internal users and compile feedback into concise documents with recommendations for feature development
- Create wireframes and designs (within existing design guidelines) for applications sufficient to guide development of production applications
- Analyze competitive product offerings and come up with differentiators and competitive positioning
- Work closely with other product managers, product marketing, and corporate marketing to create collateral that accurately represents the value of new products and product extensions
Now that we have introduced you to the position as Associate Product Manager, what skills, qualifications and experience should you, have?
- 3+ years' experience in Product Management with at least 2 years of direct product line responsibility
- Some knowledge of consumer insights space, data driven marketing, and consumer surveys
- Hands on experience with UX design software and demonstrable skill creating wireframes to document product vision and functionality
- Passion for solving real world challenges with user-centric solutions
- Experience working in Agile development environments
- In depth understanding of consumer insight needs for agencies and / or brand with a clear understanding of the advertising ecosystem, key stakeholders and monetization metrics
- Ability to develop good relationships and work with external and internal stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working with media companies, agencies, traditional and digital research is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!