For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Mission of the role:
You will help us to deliver the existing services to both internal and external clients as well as participate in our innovative and transformative ventures. You will be required to follow our end-to-end process which includes consolidating data from multiple sources, verifying, processing it and deliver your analysis in timely fashion.
As a Junior Reporting and Data Analyst, you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Act as an ambassador with regards to the importance of data quality to all users, highlighting issues and taking the necessary steps to help maintain data quality
- Ensure timely delivery of data analysis and conclusions
- Perform the already established Data Quality Checks and suggest additional ones if required
- Ensure all Data Categorization entries are accurate
- Support in maintaining Excel files based on either GfK owned or External Data sets (e.g. company financial reports etc.)
- Support the setup and creation of client reports for data-only products
- Assist with the preparation and execution of the Client Releases, Data Categorization and other requests or services
Now that you know what a Junior Reporting and Data Analyst does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- University degree in related field or last year student able to work on full time
- Very good English language
- Excellent Excel skills - including Pivot tables and advanced functions
- SQL Server skills - ability to create and run SQL Queries
- Ability to do web searches and use tools to enter component data
- Good Power Pivot Skills (would be considered as an advantage)
- Attention to detail with high quality standards
- Ability to understand and analyze data
- Very good problem solving skills
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
Join our team and benefit from the following advantages:
- Exciting work environment that brings people together
- Use of the latest digital technologies
- Initial and ongoing trainings to support your development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme linked to individual performance and company results
- 3 additional non-working days annually
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
- Discount program with external vendors
- Eco friendly travelers are welcome to the office – parking places for bikers and free card for public transportation are available to all employees
- Variety of sport activities such as football and traditional Bulgarian dances
- Last but not least – GfK Sofia office is located close to the city centre and easily accessible from any point by public transportation – 47A Tsarisgradsko Shose Blvd
All documents will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!