For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Infrastructure Engineer - Network
The Infrastructure Engineer – Network role is to manage networks across the enterprise. This includes installing, configuring, maintaining and supporting all network hardware and data circuits. This person will also manage network incident and change queues, troubleshoot network performance issues.
As an Infrastructure Engineer – Network you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Monitor and analyse network performance across the organization’s WAN, LANs, and wLAN deployments, providing performance metrics and reports as required, and identifying/remediating network performance bottlenecks
- Install, configure, manage and upgrade as appropriate all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, wireless access points and UPSs
- Network asset management, including maintenance of network toolsets, maps, hardware inventories and related documentation
- Administer and maintain accounts, permissions, and access rights
- Schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs
Now that you know what an Infrastructure Engineer – Network does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- Hands-on technical knowledge of Cisco network hardware, networking protocols and standards
- Strong analytical skills, able to investigate faults and determine root cause of issues
- Strong customer service orientation
- Good knowledge of network management, monitoring and analysis tools
- Good knowledge of DDI (DHCP, DNS and IPAM) management tools
- Documentation authoring skills in order to both update existing documentation and to create detailed handover documents on completion of any network projects
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure situations
- Ability to present complex technical information to non-technical audiences
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a network engineer
- Working in dispersed, global teams;
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment and be familiar with standard ITIL practices e.g. Incident, Change, Problem, Continual Service Improvement etc.
- Experience of working within the Scaled Agile Framework, or SAFe methodology would be desirable
- The ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with other technical teams, including internal infrastructure teams and external service providers, vendors and partners
- A current certification in the following is required:
Valid CCNA Routing and Switching certification
- A current certification in the following is desirable:Valid CCNA Data Centre certification desirable
Join our team and benefit from the following advantages:
- Exciting work environment that brings people together
- Use of the latest digital technologies
- Initial and ongoing trainings to support your development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme linked to individual performance and company results
- 3 additional non-working days annually
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
- Discount program with external vendors (+ Sodexo Andjoy plan Active preferences)
- Eco friendly travelers are welcome to the office – parking places for bikers and free card for public transportation are available to all employees
- Variety of sport activities such as football and traditional Bulgarian dances
- Last but not least – GfK Sofia office is located close to the city centre and easily accessible from any point by public transportation – 47A Tsarisgradsko Shose Blvd
All documents will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!