For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Are you enthusiastic, do you like to take initiative and are you the problem-solving type? Are you an optimist and full of energy? Do you have an inquisitive nature? Then you might be the one and only colleague we are looking for to help us with our HR processes.
As a HR Generalist you will provide key support to the business in all aspects of the employee lifecycle – from issuing contracts to supporting payroll – thereby contributing to GfK’s Global HR Management strategy.
In this role you will be part of a small, motivated team with the opportunity to solidify the local HR function and work in an international environment. You will directly report to the Regional HR Services Lead. You will collaborate with a variety of people both locally and globally as well as reliably manage and prioritize your workload. We can promise you a truly dynamic function covering a broad range of HR fields.
For our location in Leuven, we are looking for an energetic and proactive person that strengthens our team.
As HR Generalist, you will have following key accountabilities:
- You are the first point of contact for local management and employees with operational HR processes and guidelines, internal employee communications, policies…
- You are responsible of maintaining the employee job and data in HR systems and issuing paperwork when required.
- You provide local support to Regional and Global HR in matters such as local employment law and statutory requirements.
- You proactively streamline and find efficiencies in the HR processes by using the HRIS (Workday) and other mechanisms.
- You support the monthly payroll process working together with the payroll provider.
- You are responsible for statutory reporting and liaising or updating local authorities if needed.
- You support Regional HRBPs and Recruitment Hub with local recruitment where needed.
Now that we've introduced you to the position as HR Generalist, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- You have around 5 years’ experience as HR Generalist.
- You have broad knowledge in local Belgium HR, employment law and payroll.
- You exceed managing priorities and stakeholder relationships.
- You have excellent analytical skills, eye for detail and you are a critical thinker.
- You are a master in MS Office. Particularly, Excel holds no secrets to you.
- You can work within a matrix organization, supporting wider HR initiatives and collaborating with HR colleagues globally.
- You can work under pressure; you are assertive and flexible.
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English
- You ideally have previous experiences using Workday.
- You preferably have experience working with the local works council.
Apply now! Become a member of GfK HR Team and get a free pass to Lore’s legendary Halloween parties.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!