For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Marketing Effectiveness: Brand tracking, Communication tracking, Touchpoints analysis, Post tests solutions.
The position: Responsible for majors clients on Services & Automotive markets: Multi countries brand trackers with touchpoints in more than 20/30 markets, local communication tracker including more than 45 various channels post-tests per year + smaller clients.
Summary of Role
With clients at the centre of all we do, the Product Solution is the link between GfK and our customers. As part of the Business Insight team, the role brings together industry and product knowledge to provide solutions. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and use these to truly understand clients businesses and challenges. They will be able to drive engagement through actionable insight and innovative solutions.
The Research Director is in charge of the project delivery excellence and clients management. These position main responsibilities are the following:
Client & business management
- Manage a defined list of clients
- Develops consulting role with clients
- Drive engagement across the broad range of GfK Marketing Effectiveness solutions
- Identify leads and opportunities within your client base and pass these to the sales team, ensuring the client revenue target is met or exceeded
- Begin to develop and maintain senior level touchpoints
- Deliver the revenue target for your areas, working in conjunction with the Head of Marketing Effectiveness ((Revenue and profitability)
- Identify and engage with potential clients to support business growth
- Writes and / or validates study proposals including budget and client negotiation
- Follows and manages client satisfaction
- Ensure client service is delivered to the agreed standard, meeting the service level requirements for report and presentations
- Ensure data quality and deliverables are timely, fit for purpose and meeting clients needs
- Provide analysis and write recommendations and conclusions for complex, multi countries brand tracking projects
- Ensure the presentations
- Market and product knowledge for product categories you cover
- Monitor progress towards the project objectives and provide regular Highlight Reports
- Proactively ensures or supervises client relations as part of the project process (information, problem solving, etc.)
Team coaching & GfK Commitment
- Ensure client service is delivered to the agreed standard across all areas of responsibility
- Ensure correct application of solutions across the team
- Support and deliver Company strategy
- Validates the analysis, brings the added value and the thread of the studies managed by the team
- Follow workload of your team
- Motivates, federates and maintains team spirit around GfK values
- Validates the quality of the team's work both internally & external
- Train the team to the GfK / relational client studies / tools methodologies
- Participate in recruitment, and manage the integration of new entrants
- Analytical skills: Analysis and recommendations for complex and strategic projects
- Research skills: Eye for detail and high quality standards
- Presentation skills: Able to build and deliver tailored presentations using a storyline approach
- Market & Research knowledge and understanding
- Computer literate, able to learn and use bespoke systems
- Ability to build tailored presentations for clients, using a storyline approach
- Client focused every day
- Thinks outside the box and challenges where necessary
- Able to build meaningful client relationships, and work standalone at clients
- Able to manage and organize staff workload
- Develop people skills through objective setting, appraisals, interviews, training, feedback
- Strong communication skills Passion, energy and drive, able to inspire others
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop; brings innovative ideas
- Experience of brand and communication trackers and ideally some media expertise
- Multi countries experience and international client expertise would be a plus.
- Digital oriented
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of statistical analysis
Research Director M/F
Bachelor +4/5 y.o marketing/statistical background with 5/7 y.o In-depth Market research experience
Client portfolio management
Good interpersonal relations and team coaching appetite
Client delivery excellence and project management skills
Rigor and organization
Statistical methods knowledge
Pack Office (Excel & Powerpoint)
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!