United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Commercial Account Director, is responsible for account management and business development for a portfolio of clients and projects within GfK. In this role, you will own the client relationship; this encompasses prospecting, negotiation, ensuring effective and timely delivery through the product teams and renegotiation of contracts. This is a commercial role responsible for revenue generation/maintenance, overall client satisfaction, relationship management, and delivering exceptional insight and consulting. In addition, a new business revenue target is part of the annual goal for this role.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Build and maintain strong client relationships, inspiring confidence in our clients that GfK provides premium consultation services and support.
- Consult with clients about how to leverage the power of GfK’s insights to best support their business.
- Revenue Generation – Responsible for identifying, prospecting and developing business opportunities with new and existing clients across the GfK portfolio.
- Highlight potential opportunities and win new business for GfK
- Conduct client negotiations for both new sales and renewals
- Consistent quota achievement
- Develop, sustain, and grow GfK’s presence with client base.
- Manage overall client relationship with GfK, liaising with internal departments to provide a client centric experience.
- Ensure consistent and effective communication with other internal GfK departments. Build relationships that will support the growth needed for GfK’s insights.
- Provide strategic guidance and thought leadership in related industries especially as pertains to market segments and emerging trends.
- Represent GfK at related industry events, including speaking engagements at conferences and networking events, as well as publications and press releases.
- Meeting monthly sales objectives; exceeding assigned quarterly and annual quotas.
Ideally, you will bring the following to this role:
- 15+ years of relevant experience in the market research industry (brand, segmentation, and supplier knowledge preferred), with a proven record of accomplishment of driving revenue growth and profitability.
- At least 10 years of high-level account management experience and 5+ years of significant sales management experience working within a global organization.
- Deep understanding of client markets, including industry issues, trends and direction, and a mastery of competitive profiling and positioning. Ability to identify and quantify market opportunities.
- Ability to network, create, and sustain relationships at the C-level and is self-confident as subject matter expert. Capable of winning business and building meaningful client relationships.
- Ability to network GfK’s services and products to match client’s business requirements.
- Build effective relationships with client’s support functions (procurement, legal, etc.); CRM Management.
Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, or sciences, or equivalent experience.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution?
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!