United Arab Emirates
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Purpose of the Role
- Own client relationship based on “one commercial face to client” mid-tier accounts; sell all solutions in portfolio.
- Is responsible for account and business management of a portfolio of clients and projects
- Is responsible for revenue generation/maintenance, overall client satisfaction, relationship management, and delivering exceptional insight and consulting
- Works in partnership with clients and their teams to identify client issues, expectations and requirements and balance them against budget, time and delivery constraints
- Build, maintain, and strengthen relationships with mid-tier accounts in the region incl. targets and incentive components
- Dedicated key account management includes wider regional responsibility. Proactive managing account to ensure GfK standards are consistently met
- Support the wider regional targets through strategic target setting, sales management and revenue achievement
- Identify account needs (new and existing) to generate interest and leads for GfK portfolio (incl. up-sell and cross-sell)
- Developing a Network of Key Contacts within the Industry through active attendance and contribution to leading events. Acquiring new clients within respective business area.
- Configure off-the-shelf/ branded solutions and lead design process for complex/ bespoke solutions
- Define prices/ discounts based on pre-defined corridors and rate cards
- Responsible for the direct sales process, aiming at meeting and / or exceeding sales targets
- Develop proposal strategy and create proposal document using proposal library as applicable
- Record, update and maintain CRM data
- Resolve problems and ensure customers receive high quality customer service.
- Conduct client review and post-mortem analysis and document lessons-learned
- Strategy Implementation: Ensure key messages of Global, Regional and Panel strategy are interpreted, understood and implemented across the respective group of clients.
- Forecasting: Manages, forecasts and achieves the revenue budget for the Middle East Cluster
- Establish annual, quarterly, monthly, or weekly sales plans and prioritize and schedule own activities so these targets are met.
- New Clients: Ensure all potential clients are identified, approached and developed to maximize revenue potential of panel.
- Contracts: Handles contract development and negotiation to successful resolution, meeting with GfK standards
- Lead Development: Is responsible for client management activities including identifying opportunities to broaden GfK’s penetration into the client’s business and enhancing client satisfaction for long term relationships.
- Retention: Through commercial excellence achieves GfK Global Retention targets for a set list of clients
- GfK colleagues within the country
- Cluster Leads
- Regional Managers and Directors RAM / GKAM
- Clients / retailers within the country Regional Managers and Directors RAM / GKAM
- Agile mindset
- Customer focus
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Sales DNA
- Advanced in MS Office
- Expert knowledge of GfK Digital Product Portfolio and Market
- Expert knowledge of GfK Systems and standard terms
- Expert level in English
- Expert in analysis and presentation skills (creation and presentation)
- Expert in Fact Based Consultancy / Story Telling /
- Expert Negotiation & Influencing
- Advanced in Project Management
- Expert in Retail Audit Methodology and on universe and sample
- Advanced Management skills
- Advanced knowledge in contract management / rate card theory
Typical Education and Work Experience required
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Profound work experience and established network in retail services and multiple industries, ideally including an assignment abroad
- Typically at a minimum 8 years of work experience in market research industry, thereof 5 + years’ experience in an Consulting role and management experience
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!