United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
This position will be responsible for managing field operations functions for a comprehensive consumer study conducted by a team of fully remote and geographically dispersed door-to-door interviewers throughout the US using a tablet-based personal interview. The Sr. Manager will work closely with key stakeholders to develop a comprehensive sample-management and reporting system and to design processes to manage geographic quotas and response rate targets. The Sr. Manager will also work with the Field Coordinator to determine appropriate interviewer assignments in order to maximize efficiency, consistency and quality. S/he will also oversee interviewer travel arrangements and the inventory and shipping for all field materials. This newly created position will collaborate with the field leadership team and business leaders to create strategic priorities and deliver on critical operating priorities.
As the Sr. Manager, Sample & Field, you will have following key accountabilities:
- Make decisions, along with input from key stakeholders, regarding sample deployment (amount, timing, geography) throughout the field period
- With the Sr. Field Coordinator, establish and manage processes to ensure appropriate interviewer assignments to achieve key metrics, including geographic targets and response rate targets
- Develop in-field respondent recruitment materials and interviewer production-tracking materials, such as call record reports
- Oversee the establishment of Tech Support resources for Interviewers and a Help Desk for respondents
- Develop and oversee vendor relationships and processes to manage the inventory and shipping of field materials
- With the Development team, guide the creation and implementation of a sample management system that provides robust KPI reports
- With other key field operations colleagues, develop robust quality assurance reports and protocols, including fraud detection and validation procedures
- Establish and monitor KPIs and review regularly with key stakeholders to evaluate production progress and QC metrics
- Work with Recruitment/Training to ensure sufficient staffing levels and appropriate training and retention efforts
- Directly support internal and external auditors
- Establish, with key stakeholders, protocols around field and data processes, including data editing, quality control, incentive fulfillment, and field material collection
- Recruit and develop department staff
- With Research Methods and field operations team, develop, test and implement field protocols and materials
Now that we have introduced you to the position of Sr. Manager, Sample & Field, what skills, qualifications and experience should you, have?
- 5+ years of related professional experience managing sample and data collection, preferably with geographically dispersed teams and remote employees
- Track record of leading high-performance teams
- Experience with a growth organization focused on culture and engagement
- Experience in leading large-scale initiatives with heavy change management requirements
- Ability to use analytical tools and skill sets to analyze KPIs and assess performance
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Adept at strategic thinking as well as practical application
- Strong priority-setting and collaboration skills
- Ability to work to deadline and utilize available resources
- Be an agent of change by demonstrating enthusiasm and commitment to change processes
- Ability to build positive and productive relationships with a range of stakeholders, including senior leaders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in business management, operations or related field
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and GfK (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with this requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of GfK, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!