Marketing & Communications
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Senior Specialist Communications & PR further develops our external communications strategy and plan and delivers a wide range of external communications campaigns and activities. The Senior Specialist Communications & PR drives specific change communication initiatives, in away that supports, builds and fosters the new GfK. A key role within our Marcomms business, the Senior Specialist Communications & PR ensures that communications play a strong role in building and reinforcing our external appearance, as well as driving commercial performance and audience engagement.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and creative external communications professional to be part of a dynamic Newsroom communications team and collaborate to create compelling and inspiring campaigns for the outside but also the internal world.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Create tools and frameworks to enable and empower effective communications across various external but also internal channels as part of our newsroom team.
- Bring the plans to life through clear, consistent, creative and compelling multi-channel external communications campaigns and activities.
- Alignment with Newsdesk communications team to create a consistent picture of GfK towards all relevant stakeholders.
- A strong background in creating, leading and delivering impactful external communications strategies, plans and campaigns, aligned to the business and communications strategy.
- An open minded, creative, flexible attitude.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading capabilities.
- Outstanding organizational and event management skills.
- A networker gene and intuitive understanding of how to best set monitor and measure internal and external communications activities with a view to continually improving deliveries.
- Sound and demonstrable knowledge of external communication and change communication.
The following functional requirements are needed:
- University degree, e.g. in Communications/PR, Language/Cultural or other fields with relevance for external Communications.
- At least 5 years of experience in External Communications.
- Operating in complex environments (dealing with ambiguity, problem solving & decision quality).
- Excellent verbal and written English and German skills.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!