Korrisha Thevandran, Megan Fanning, Sheena Letchumanan, Stacy Pua
For almost 90 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, ROI, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of 8,000+ employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and will support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future, as we continue our evolution from Market Research provider to SaaS data solutions and consulting partner. We value extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
As a Software Engineer with GfK based in our Kuala Lumpur office you will be provided with a great opportunity to work as part of a cross functional agile team of technologist across two core products within the GfK product ecosystem. Whether it be as part of the “Data in” Team or our Retail Platform division you will get the opportunity to not only to hone your craft as a software engineer working primarily on the back end with Java but also to learn or brush up on modern DevOps tooling such as Docker and Kubernetes whilst gaining exposure to GCP.
We are looking for you, a software engineer well versed in Java who Is passionate about building great products and is excited about the opportunity to work in a big data environment and learn from a multifaceted team where picking up frontend (angular and React) or DevOps skills is encouraged.
Software Engineer - Java
As a Software Engineer with GfK based in our Kuala Lumpur office you will be provided with a great opportunity to work as part of an agile team of technologist across two primary products within the GfK product ecosystem. Whether it be as part of the "Data in" Team or our Retail Platform division you will get to hone your craft as a software engineer working on the back end with Java but also to learn or brush up on modern DevOps tooling such as Docker and Kubernetes whilst gaining exposure to GCP.
We are looking for you, a software engineer well versed in Java who Is passionate about building great products and is excited to work in a big data environment and learn from a multifaceted team where picking up frontend (React) or DevOps skills is encouraged.
You will be reporting to the Senior Software Engineer. You will work in hybrid work arrangement. You will be provided medical insurance.
As a Software Engineer, you will have accountabilities to:
- Work with the architects and an Agile team to influence the system architecture and performance goals.
- Ensure delivery of software projects while maintaining the quality.
- Write unit and integration tests in TDD approach.
- Identify and address application and data issues that affect application integrity.
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
- Suggest plans (e.g. training) that improve working efficiency and quality.
- Contribute in Agile practices, such as estimating and planning.
- Communicate well with team members
- Document technical effort from time to time
Our people in our teams are the most important, so we are looking for individuals who:
- 2+ years of commercial software development experience with an open source Java stack
- Knowledge of the Spring framework and ecosystem
- REST, API design
- Basic understanding on using version control tools like gitlab/ github/ bitbucket with its configuration and its pipeline configuration
- Experience with Google Cloud Functions
- Have automated testing experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience in unit testing and mocking frameworks (Junit, Mockito)
- End-to-End testing using Cypress, Playwright, Selenium and Cucumber with Gherkin syntax
- Experience with Design Pattern and object-oriented design (SOLID principles, Dependency Injection, Factory pattern)
- An open and collaborative mindset both within and outside your team
- Interest in helping other engineers become even better
- Willing to growth and learn and experiment new technologies
It would also be nice if you have:
- Experience with enterprise web-applications
- Experience with Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL database
- Experience in building Single Page Applications
- Experience in pre-processor languages for CSS (LESS or SASS)
- Google Cloud or similar could platforms
- Run micro-services at scale
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
Don't meet every single requirement? Some people are less likely to apply unless they meet all the requirements listed in a job specification. GfK is looking for self-starters to join our innovative team keen to take on a new challenge. So, if you're excited about this role but your skills and experience don't align perfectly with every requirement we've listed, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.