At GfK, we are on a mission to drive sustainable growth for our people, our clients, and the world around us. We combine prescriptive insights and consulting expertise to analyze, explain and predict what is happening in today’s fast-changing world.
Our employees, the shapers of tomorrow, are empowered to bring new bold ideas to life by connecting unique datasets, science, and digital research. We encourage innovation and offer global career and fast development opportunities. This is why the world’s largest companies and leading brands know GfK as their trusted partner.
As a Software Engineer, you will have key accountabilities to:
- Work with the architects and an Agile team to influence the overall system architecture and performance goals.
- Ensure timely delivery of software projects while maintaining the quality.
- Ensure high software quality by writing unit and integration tests in TDD approach.
- Identify and address application and data issues that affect application integrity.
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
- Suggest initiatives (e.g. training) that improve working efficiency and quality.
- Actively contributing in agile practices, such as estimating and planning.
- Communicate well with team members
- Documenting technical effort from time to time
Our people in our teams are the most important, so we are looking for individuals who:
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience with an open source Java stack
- Knowledge of the Spring framework and ecosystem
- REST, API design
- Good understanding of version control tools like gitlab/ github/ bitbucket with its configuration and its general pipeline configuration
- No-SQL Databases such as Mongo DB and Search indexes such as Elasticsearch or Solr
- Experience with Google Cloud Functions
- Have automated testing experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience in unit testing and mocking frameworks (Junit, NUnit, JustMock, Mockito)
- End-to-End testing using Selenium and Cucumber with Gherkin syntax
- Good understanding of Design Pattern and object oriented design (SOLID principles, Dependency Injection, Factory pattern)
- An open and collaborative mindset both within and outside your team
- Good communicator, fluent in English and ability to clearly express oneself
- Interest in helping other engineers become even better
It would also be nice if you have:
- Good understanding of IT architectures
- Experience with enterprise web-applications
- Experience with Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL database
- Experience in Elasticsearch or BigQuery
- Experience in building Single Page Applications
- Experience in pre-processor languages for CSS (LESS or SASS)
- Google Cloud or similar could platforms
- Running micro-services at scale
- Have understanding of Linux
- Working experience in agile development like SAFe
Wearing a Scrum Master hat from time to time
Don't meet every single requirement? Some people are less likely to apply unless they meet all the requirements listed in a job specification. GfK is looking for self-starters to join our innovative team keen to take on a new challenge. So, if you're excited about this role but your skills and experience don't align perfectly with every requirement we've listed, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. We are looking forward to meeting you!