For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
As a Software Engineer, you will have key accountabilities to:
- Work with the architects and an Agile team to influence the overall system architecture and performance goals.
- Ensure timely delivery of software projects while maintaining the quality.
- Ensure high software quality by writing unit and integration tests in TDD approach.
- Identify and address application and data issues that affect application integrity.
- Fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing.
- Suggest initiatives (e.g. training) that improve working efficiency and quality.
- Actively contributing in agile practices, such as estimating and planning.
- Communicate well with team members
- Documenting technical effort from time to time
Our people in our teams are the most important, so we are looking for individuals who:
- 2+ years of commercial software development experience with an open source Java stack
- Knowledge of the Spring framework and ecosystem
- REST, API design
- Basic understanding on using day-to-day version control tools like gitlab/ github/ bitbucket with its configuration and its general pipeline configuration
- No-SQL Databases such as Mongo DB and Search indexes such as Elasticsearch or Solr
- Experience with Google Cloud Functions
- Have automated testing experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience in unit testing and mocking frameworks (Junit, NUnit, JustMock, Mockito)
- End-to-End testing using Cypress, Selenium and Cucumber with Gherkin syntax
- Good understanding of Design Pattern and object oriented design (SOLID principles, Dependency Injection, Factory pattern)
- An open and collaborative mindset both within and outside your team
- Good communicator, fluent in English and ability to clearly express oneself
- Interest in helping other engineers become even better
- Willing to growth and learn and experiment new technologies
It would also be nice if you have:
- Good understanding of IT architectures
- Experience with enterprise web-applications
- Experience with Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL database
- Experience in building Single Page Applications
- Experience in pre-processor languages for CSS (LESS or SASS)
- Google Cloud or similar could platforms
- Running micro-services at scale
- Have understanding of Linux
- Working experience in agile development like SAFe
- Wearing a Scrum Master hat from time to time
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!