For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
As Software Engineer, you are part of the Global Media Measurement Tech and Client Operations management team and focus on maintaining healthy solutions and products that are operated globally.
Your specific tasks will include:
- Software development. Maintain and develop our international used software suite for collecting and refining audience-measurement data for TV and Radio.
- Requirements engineering and business consulting. Create client-focused software solutions for the increasing demands of the media measurement business, as a consequence of the changing media-consumer behavior.
- Establish and maintain solutions across systems. Working hand-in-hand with the system- and solution-architects, to integrate different media-measurement applications and methodologies to an efficient, cost-optimized and business-oriented system.
- International support of country-specific software-adaptions. Consulting our international business-support, by working together in mixed scrum-teams of developers and SREs (site reliability engineers) and QA.
We look for a profile with skills:
Mandatory skills :
- Good skills in software engineering – C# / MVC / .NET
- Experience with MS-SQL-Server or equivalent, excellent SQL skills.
- Experience in using document oriented NoSQL database systems, e.g. MongoDB, DynamoDB, DocumentDB.
- High security-awareness especially in cloud based environments.
- Skills with regard to agile practices and culture including concepts like DevOps and Lean. Ideally experienced with SAFe.
- knowledge of CI/CD or Unit tests.
- Fluent English and German skills .
Good to have skills :
- working knowledge of Airflow (Jobscheduling, Python based) and Powershell.
- In-depth experience using cloud based development platforms, ideally AWS.
- familiar with Ember.JS
- Strong skills in design and architecture of software systems.
- Experience with cloud management tools, to control the cost-efficient use of resources in cloud environments.
what we offer :
- Flexible working hours
- Comprehensive training program and development programmes.
- 24/7 SOS hotline for all travel emergencies.
- Subsidised canteen or other lunch options (depending on location)
- Health management e.g. subsidised in-house massages, relaxing techniques, health day, free sport courses.
- Corporate benefits e.g. for fashion, travel, sport, regional offerings.
- Diverse and Dynamic environment with learning and collaboration.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!