We show the world what people want.
Join GfK and help us shape tomorrow. As an NIQ company, we are the world's leading consumer intelligence firm, delivering the Full View™ on consumer behavior. We work to enable manufacturers and retailers better understand what consumers really want. Our name has inspired trust for over 89 years because we take pride in discovering new pathways to sustainable growth for our clients, our people, and our planet.
We are always looking for open-minded people who will grow with us, push boundaries, and pioneer disruptive methods in market research, data science, technology, and AI. If you share this passion to drive things forward and the integrity to insist on doing things the right way, we'll equip you to take your future into your own hands and play a leading role in our story.
GfK Etilize provides clients from around the world with essential product data and solutions for manufacturers, distributors, and retailers to power their e-commerce efforts. With an extensive database of over 20 million SKUs in multiple languages, Etilize proudly stands as a global leader in delivering high-quality and structured product data. Our team, fueled by decades of e-commerce expertise, is truly passionate about optimizing product content for our clients and enhancing the digital experience for shoppers. GfK Etilize’s production facility holds the ISO 9001:2015 certification, ensuring top-notch quality and reliability.
For over 89 years, we have earned the trust of our clients around the world by solving critical questions in their decision-making process. GfK combined with NIQ, bringing together two industry leaders with unparalleled global reach. With a holistic retail read and the most comprehensive consumer insights - delivered with advanced analytics through state-of-the-art platforms - GfK drives “Growth from Knowledge”.
Our employees, the shapers of tomorrow, are empowered to bring new bold ideas to life by connecting unique datasets, science, and digital research. We encourage innovation and offer global career and fast development opportunities. This is why the world’s largest companies and leading brands know GfK as their trusted partner.
Currently we are looking for a Software Engineer with strong background in Java to be part of our team in Karachi (Pakistan).
- Provide solutions to problems across your functional areas
- Own features and drive them to delivery end to end
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code (mostly in java)
- Develop and debug high-volume, low-latency, high-performance applications which are highly available
- Develop APIs via object-oriented design using agile methodology e.g. Scrum etc.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Work in TypeScript, NodeJS
- Work with a mentor to learn and demonstrate constant progress towards the next level of your career path
- Expert knowledge of Java Platform and related technologies
- Adept experience working with static code analysis and linting tools
- Comprehensive automated testing experience
- Experience with containerization with Docker
- Knowledge of CI/CD processes
- Very good knowledge of Git
- Experience with NoSQL databases like Elasticsearch or MongoDB
- Good understanding of web technologies.
- Ability to work in TypeScript, NodeJS
- Ability to work independently and must be self-driven.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- Passion for quality and has a keen eye for designs and aesthetics
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
We offer you…
- A challenging project and the possibility to be part of a talented team, working with highly skilled individuals.
- A nice place to work, where we foster training, as well as professional and personal development.
- Flex Office: a mix of remote and in-office work to boost our productivity and promote a healthy work-life balance (we work 2 days in the office and 3 days from home)
We look forward to meeting you!
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
Don't meet every single requirement? Some people are less likely to apply unless they meet all the requirements listed in a job specification. GfK is looking for self-starters to join our innovative team keen to take on a new challenge. So, if you're excited about this role but your skills and experience don't align perfectly with every requirement we've listed, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.