For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
About your future team:
You will be a pivotal member of our team and have the opportunity to build a robust Content Tracking SDK to be used by GfK's clients in order enable them knowing their audience and reach metrics. You will be working as part of a cross functional agile team of a Big Data engineer, a SRE, Web SDK Developers, a Scrum Master and a Product Owner.
As a Software Engineer (Android) you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Part of a multi-disciplinary agile team
- Building Content Tracking SDKs for apps running on Android, Tablet & TV
- The example mobile engineer of that team who helps others to gain some basic development skills
- Taking ownership of solving problems - your own problems as well as problems the client has while integrating the SDK
- Pair programming with your team mates to bring together your skills and knowledge to rapidly build high quality software
- Promoting and sharing knowledge around app development, specifically on mobile platforms
- Working in an agile fashion and a promoter of agile (iterative) thinking
Now that you know what an Software Engineer (Android) does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- Experience with developing Apps
- Have successfully published several applications to Google Play store
- Experience with Automated testing for Android applications
- Experience with agile development and software engineering best practices
- Experience in integrating with APIs, persisting data, caching and refreshing will be considered as an advantage
- Good understanding of the current trends, standards and opportunities in the areas of mobile development
- Strong communication skills
- Reliable team player with a hands-on mentality
- Fluency in English language skills
Join our team and benefit from the following advantages:
- Exciting work environment that brings people together
- Use of the latest digital technologies
- Initial and ongoing trainings to support your development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme linked to individual performance and company results
- Flexible working hours and home office
- 3 additional non-working days annually
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
- Discount program with external vendors
- Eco friendly travelers are welcome to the office – parking places for bikers and free card for public transportation are available to all employees
- Last but not least – GfK Sofia office is located close to the city centre and easily accessible from any point by public transportation – 47A Tsarisgradsko Shose Blvd
All documents will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!