For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
- Hands-on engineer for system development and operations
- Develop, install and run our Continuous Integration/Delivery pipeline across multiple Applications
- Monitor our production systems in regard to performance, security and availability
- Maintain our existing applications
- Help to establish a modern DevOps culture
- Documentation and creation of operation manual
- Utilize various open source technologies
- Use various tools to orchestrate solutions – Jenkins/Bamboo/SonarQube/AutoRabit/Jira/Postman
- Build independent web-based tools, microservices and solutions
- Write scripts and automation using Perl/Python/Groovy/Java/Bash/Terraform
- Configure and manage data sources like MySQL, Mongo, Mulesoft, Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc
- Understand how various systems work
- Good understanding of API
- Understand how IT operations are managed
- Manage source control including GIT, BitBucket and TFS.
- Experience on Microsoft technologies such as dotNet , dot Net-core and C#.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in managing Multiple O/S based infrastructure (mandatory Windows)
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience at least in one scripting language
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience with databases including SQLserver, Oracle & Mongo
- Advanced skills with current script languages including Terraform
- Working knowledge with database systems such as Oracle, MSSQL and MongoDB
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes, ELK Stack and Kafka
- Working knowledge with Cloud Platforms (AWS)
- Skilled with identifying, planning and configuring security related system attributes
- Experience with Atlassian Suite
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Advanced skills in the administration, orchestration and maintenance of tool chains (Git, Nexus, TFS, Bamboo, etc.)
- Knowledge of Java/JVM languages
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Good initiative to go and find answers or resolve issues
- Interpersonal and communication skills
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!