For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
- Be part of one of our cross-functional teams that builds and operates audience measurement infrastructure (TV, radio, digital) across multiple countries
- You will work extensively with our hybrid cloud environment (AWS/On-Premise), enabling your teammates to test and deploy software quickly while ensuring high standards for reliability and security.
- Set up and maintain reporting, monitoring and metrics systems for fine-grained observability
- Maintain infrastructure and databases
- Track alerts and actively investigate issues and performance metrics
- Back up, restore, provide redundancy and disaster recovery solutions for business critical data Set up and maintain
- Manage the sustainability and communication of your solution
- Manage project-related IT issues within the Media Measurement Germany division
- Create and maintain system documentation
- set up and administer VPN connections
- participate in the on-call service
- Very good knowledge of PC and server operating systems (Microsoft and Linux)
- Very good administration knowledge of the database systems MSSQL and MongoDB
- Very good knowledge of network topologies
- Very good administration knowledge of hybrid cloud-based environments (VMware, AWS)
- Basic knowledge of automated deployment of infrastructure and software Good English skills
- Knowledge of automation and deployment technologies
- Good understanding of "infrastructure as code" principles
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Bash, Powershell, .
- Initial experience configuring infrastructure using a configuration management technology such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Understanding of container technologies such as Docker.
- Some experience with container orchestration technologies such as ECS or Kubernetes would be a plus.
Typical education and required work experience
- Successfully completed training as an IT specialist for system integration or comparable.
- Good team player, flexibility as well as ability to work under pressure
- At least 3 years of professional experience
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!