For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
At GfK we create consumer and market data & AI analytics products, recommendations, and insights for our customers in 50+ countries worldwide.
As a recognized global leader, we lead with innovation – our team of engineers, consultants and data scientists have continuously pushed industry boundaries with new methodologies and measurement technologies, to help our clients succeed.
We are searching for a senior Technical Architect to assume architectural responsibilities within GfK Newron - our flagship product and its many data value streams.
As one of the domain architects within the platform, your role will require you to work closely with product delivery teams to form a clear architectural vision and strategy that enables the future-state roadmap.
You will interface closely with the delivery squads to collaborate and assist them in the creation of architectural designs. Your role will also require deep technical analysis and the ability to communicate standards and principles to ensure new products are aligned with the platform.
In addition, you will manage risks and dependencies, and own the technical debt backlog within your domain.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to identify dependencies and decouple domain boundaries.
- Work with the engineering and data science squads to re-architect solutions to high-value analytics models.
- Work closely with the Principal Architect to define a technical and architecture strategy which is aligned with the programme’s architecture principles and approaches.
- Work with other architects in different value streams to make sure the architecture and approach of each individual product is very well aligned with overall product offering.
- Take an ambiguous business product vision and translate it into systems and boundaries between them. Identify cross system interactions and promote reusability.
- Establish effective processes to ensure architecture maturity is met at solution level.
- Create and own the NFR roadmap of the solution and work with the product team to get NFRs prioritized in a healthy way.
- You will be accountable for the architecture maturity of a business product which may involve multiple systems and sub systems.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Technical Architecture and Design.
- Cloud Platform with extensive experience in at least one public cloud provider AWS, Azure or GCP (preferred)
- Understanding of Software Engineering Practices and Devops.
- Experience with database backend solutions (Oracle and PostgreSQL desirable)
- Exposure to containerized applications (Kubernetes and Docker a plus) as well as familiarity with frontend technologies & languages such as: Java, React, TypeScript and Elasticsearch.
- Stakeholder Management.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!