For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
As a Senior Statistical Data Scientist, you will support the Operations and Quality teams with the following responsibilities:
- Lead data science projects on universe design, sample design, web crawling, estimation of missing retailers and review of extrapolation factors. Focus will be on META region.
- Work with the other Data Scientists to improve the POS design through statistical data modelling of online and traditional retailers
- Work with the other Data Scientists to streamline and improve the Quality control process (Market QC) before the reports are delivered to clients
- Work with local and regional Quality teams in ensuring proper design and methodology
Now that we've introduced you to the position, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related fields
Masters degree preferred.
- Solid experience in data mining, analytics and web crawling
- 6-8 years’ Experience in programming with Java or Python preferred
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!