For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
You are a passionate software engineer who knows the ins and outs of data engineering and how it fits the broader SDLC. Modelling the world, thinking in terms of design patterns, database design, distributed data processing, functional programming, test driven development are second nature. You have written several data focused applications and pipelines from scratch, many are still in production to the delight of their users. You enjoy working in a team of like-minded professionals and keen to provide feedback on other's code as well as act on feedback received on yours. You are used to working in agile teams delivering small, incremental improvements through continuous delivery pipelines. You are proud of the quality, security and robustness of the code you write, and because you write your code with an in depth understanding of the execution environment these qualities translate to the systems you implement as well.
You will be...
You will be a pivotal member of the Encodex tech team working on a new greenfield cloud native data science platform and the related predictive data products that we are building around it. You will be working as part of a cross functional agile team of software engineers, data engineers, data scientists, and a product owner.
Your specific tasks will include:
• Design, develop, implement, optimize and standardize micro services in Java/Scala programming language in data pipelines and distributed systems (e.g. Mongo DB / Elasticsearch / Kubernetes )
• Engineer at scale, using our service-oriented architecture, containerized applications and functions as a service, especially in our cloud service environments
• Collaboration in the further development of our ETL system architecture, using tools and technologies like: Microservices, Scala, Jenkins CI/CD, Docker, Kubernetes, Sonatype Nexus
• Support of all department systems. Tools and technologies used:Java, AngularJS, Node.js, C#, Talend OSDI, Apache Spark, MongoDBRequirements
• Solid understanding of service-oriented architectures (e.g. microservices) & distributed systems (e.g. Mongo DB, Docker, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch), cloud computing environments and tooling (AWS, GCP)
• Strong skills with regard to code performance optimization and scalability (e.g., parallelization, sharding, scattering/gathering etc.)
• Experience with Java, AngularJS and Node.js
• Hands-on experience with continuous integration and big data environments as well as Docker & Kubernetes
• Used to work in agile Scrum teams
On top, your English communication skills are great, you are a team-player and tech- obsessed, always on the hunt for the latest and hottest shots!
We are a technology company on a mission to enable our customers to make confident business decisions. We provide insights and actionable recommendations by combining our data, market research heritage, and technical prowess in data analytics and machine learning.
Many say they have big data problems. Well we do have big data, and we also have big problems to solve. We are a group of diverse individuals who work together to apply modern technology and proven practices to solving problems around big data storage, big data processing, machine learning and complex data analysis and visualisation.
For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
We love technology, we are agile and our focus is on constant improvement in our processes and ways of working - and above all ourselves. We embrace change, we put our egos aside and take advice from others. We foster an engaged, open mindset within a non-hierarchical structure. We analyse, create, innovate and improve.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!