For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
As part of the Enterprise Applications Systems (EAS) division in GfK we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to Lead our Sharepoint development and help us build great solutions. Location Nuremberg or London.
The Senior Software Engineer (with Sharepoint experience) are a crucial member of our team, being able to integrate with our Front-End Engineers, Integration teams, QA and Product Team. We expect them to take ownership of delivering in a way that enables us to maintain and grow our apps on the short and long term.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will have following key accountabilities:
- Write effective, scalable code
- You have the ability to build clean, well encapsulated solutions to a high standard.
- You understand why we are building things and bring suggestions and ideas on how to solve our customers’ problems in the best way
- Be current with the latest trends in industry and academia and always look to implement novel ideas in GfK’s Microsoft eco system.
- Foster a culture of excellence and continuous learning and improvement by sharing knowledge within the Technology department
- Work closely with Engineering and Product managers to translate business use cases to workable solutions that can be delivered to Production
- You are a self-starter
- You are a leader and have experience leading squads.
You have technical experience:
- Several years of project experience in MS SharePoint development
- • In-depth knowledge of .NET
- • Good knowledge of Git and CI/CD
- Development of software modules and SharePoint solutions
- • Further development of the existing environment (.NET, React)
- • Analyzing and fixing software errors
- • Create automation scripts (PowerShell)
- • Testing the services (unit test)
- You know how to write unit tests and what’s the good and bad sides of measuring code coverage
- You have experience of TDD and implementing it.
- You have experience with Git and using CI/CD pipelines to get your work in production
- You have a familiarity with Agile Frameworks
- You have the ability to translate and clearly communicate sophisticated analytical information to none-expert stakeholders and clients
Besides the things we really expect you to have, there are some things which would be amazing if you have experience with them as well:
- Back-end development experience
- Experience using Jira & Confluence
- Data Visualization
- Software security development
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!