For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
You are a passionate software engineer who knows the ins and outs of software engineering and how it fits the broader SDLC. Modeling the world, thinking in terms of design patterns, object-oriented design, functional programming, test-driven development are your second nature. You have written several applications from scratch, many are still in production to the delight of their users. You enjoy working in a team of like-minded professionals and keen to provide feedback on other's code as well as act on feedback received on yours. You are used to working in agile teams delivering small, incremental improvements through continuous delivery pipelines. You are proud of the quality, security, and robustness of the code you write, and because you write your code with an in-depth understanding of the execution environment these qualities translate to the systems you implement as well.
You will be...
Working in our established development center in Warsaw. You will be a pivotal member of the Market Insights Tech team working on our data enrichment domain. You will be working as part of a cross-functional agile team of software engineers and data scientists.
- 7+ years of commercial software development experience
- Expert Knowledge of Python 3.x, Java, or Similar
- Experience with REST APIs and frameworks like Flask, FastApi, Cherrypy, or similar.
- Ability to set up resilient, performant, and scalable data pipelines
- Good understanding of when to persist, replicate and cache data
- Ability to integrate data automatically/efficiently from various alternative data providers
- Worked extensively with SQL (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or any other relational database)
- Internal need to adhere to PEP8 and use linters and static code analysis tools.
- Comprehensive automated testing experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
- Your preferred way of developing is following TDD.
- Experience with containerization with Docker.
- Experience working with Git.
It would be a great addition if you had experience with…
- NoSQL and/or databases like ElasticSearch or MongoDB
- SonarQube or similar
- Data science/machine learning libraries
- Azure DevOps or similar
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!