For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
We are currently seeking a (Senior) Sales Manager who will be responsible for the Renewal Business of GfK’s POS Market Intelligence (POS Tracking) Solution within the Industry Sales Team in Germany. The main objectives of this role are to maximize client retention rate and enhance the scope of existing POS contracts, resulting in increased revenue for the business unit.
Candidates will have accomplished sales and negotiation skills. They will also have strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of curiosity. Furthermore, candidates are able to demonstrate the value of GfK’s Market Intelligence (POS Tracking) Solution.
The combination of these skills will form the basis for understanding the clients’ business and thus result in the identification and realization of growth opportunities within the renewal process.
As (Senior) Sales Manager (m/f/d) for Germany you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Manage renewal process of GfK’s Market Intelligence (POS Tracking) business within the Industry Sales Team in Germany
- Develop new and existing senior level relationships with customers to achieve sales growth
- Conduct regular client meetings (online/on-site - often with c-suite) in a proactive manner to ensure & increase clients’ satisfaction and remove any potential hurdles before starting the renewal process
- Understand client needs, strategies, and structure to identify pain points and key business questions
- Work cross-functionally with Account Management & Solution Group department to meet and exceed client expectations
- Identify and pursue up- and cross selling opportunities
- Negotiate successfully to maximize the contract value
- Minimize churn/maximize retention rate by tackling issues quickly
- Quote management: calculate quotes based on needs assessment
- Contract Management: set-up and successfully close contracts
- Use CRM tools for pipeline tracking and reporting purposes
- Contribute to strategic sales planning
Now that we've introduced you to the position as (Senior) Sales Manager (m/f/d) Sales, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- Masters or Bachelor degree
- Proven track record of at least 5 years in retail panel (Point of Sale) based market research area, sales management or procurement
- Able to work autonomously and establish own priorities and objectives
- Passion, energy and drive, enthusiasm to learn and develop; Willingness to go the extra mile
- Very structured work approach
- Client oriented attitude
- A natural ability to build and maintain long-term customer relationships
- Able to “actively listen” to clients, identify business opportunities and understand how to commercialize them
- Strategic thinking, negotiation and sales closing skills, ideally sales trained
- POS Panel knowledge and understanding of methods would be an advantage
- Comfortable working across teams, bringing together people from different areas of the business
- Software skills / MS Office
All employees within GfK are expected to promote the image of the company. This will be done in part, by adopting a professional appearance and maintaining an efficient and effective working environment. It is expected that employees adhere to any specific deadlines set in respect of Company issues relating to professional servicing (internal and external) and objectives. The detail and scope of this job description may be altered to take account of changing company needs.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!