United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
As a Senior Research Manager, you will work independently and handle specific project phases, which includes implementing the entire project with general oversight from a Vice President or Research Director. In this role, you will handle complex technical tasks and will manage complex projects.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Interact with clients, build relationship and demonstrate client service.
- Work with mid to senior level clients on various aspects of the research (design, timing, reporting, etc.), providing project updates, and delivering above and beyond client expectations.
- Assist in designing research instruments that will answer business questions and will meet the research and business objectives as defined in the proposal stage.
- Manage the day-to-day aspects for the research program from design and programming through to report analysis and production.
- Monitor and report out on study performance in terms of schedule, quality (including any red flags).
- Handle complex and/or difficult issues (shortfalls to quota, missed timing, cost overruns, miscommunication of specifications etc.) with internal/external vendors
- Ensure data is collected and delivered accurately by maintaining a close connection with Operations Teams.
How you will make an impact:
- Analyze complex concepts and data using a variety of statistical techniques (i.e. statistical analyses).
- Contribute to the integration of large amounts of data into compelling, concise deliverables that meet the client’s needs/expectations.
- Design PowerPoint decks to tell a story, bringing findings into insights into recommendations, helping clients clearly understand their next steps. Participate in research insight discussions with clients.
- Serve as liaison with project management staff to monitor the implementation of projects.
- Recognize opportunities for new business development.
- Mentor, lead, and train junior staff
Ideally, you will bring the following:
- Experience with quantitative research methods
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
- Ability to anticipate, quickly address and make correct decisions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- 5-7 years within the market research industry on either the client or supplier side
- Outstanding client management skills; outstanding project management skills; excellent understanding of data analysis tools and techniques
- Experience in the technology industry a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, marketing, mathematics, or social science.
- MBA, Masters of Market Research, or Advanced Degree in Social Science – preferred
What we offer:
- Room for growth – career progression
- Opportunity to become an expert in many different industries
- 401K Match
- Medical/ Vision/ Dental Insurance
- Work life balance- Hybrid or Remote schedule
- Tuition Assistance – up to $5,250.00 yearly
- 11 paid corporate Holidays
- Life / Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Supplier Discounts/ Plum Benefits partnership
At GfK we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!