For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
Senior Product Manager Data Platforms
Mission of the role:
You are the owner of an internal product known as ‘Data Enrichment’. Data Enrichment is our tool for bringing in and quality checking retailer data. Currently we are iterating the product with incremental improvements, but we have bigger plans for the tool, and we will look to rebuild some of its core technology and functionality.
As a Senior Product Manager Data Platforms, you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Formulate & present vision, strategy, and roadmap for product area
- Drive the product transformation
- Tight interaction/ steering of stakeholders across different disciplines like tech, commercial, operations, science + external vendors
- Apply OKR framework, track results, suggest and manage counter measures if key results are at risk of not succeeding.
- Update system requirements
- Convert different stakeholder requirements into tangible product improvements
- Lead impactful contributions to product and business goals
Now that you know what a Senior Product Data Manager does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Product Management
- Experience of managing systems designed for customer services or operations teams would be a plus
- Experienced user of Confluence/JIRA, AHA, Tableau/BI/Google Graphs, Office365
- Broad & deep understanding of user research/ design thinking/ MVP concept/ BPM
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills, feeling comfortable in front of a top management audience
- Effective communication skills with ability to build excellent rapport
- Analytical and logical thinking when it comes to data
- Ability to prioritize and capable of saying "no"
- Agile mindset and work style
- High proficiency in Business English
Join our team and benefit from the following advantages:
- Exciting work environment that brings people together
- Use of the latest digital technologies
- Initial and ongoing training to support your development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme linked to individual performance and company results
- 3 additional non-working days annually
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
- Discount program with external vendors
- Eco friendly travelers are welcome to the office – parking places for bikers and free card for public transportation are available to all employees
- A variety of sports activities such as football.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!