We show the world what people want.
Join GfK and help us shape tomorrow. As an NIQ company, we are the world's leading consumer intelligence firm, delivering the Full View™ on consumer behavior. We work to enable manufacturers and retailers better understand what consumers really want. Our name has inspired trust for over 89 years because we take pride in discovering new pathways to sustainable growth for our clients, our people, and our planet.
We are always looking for open-minded people who will grow with us, push boundaries, and pioneer disruptive methods in market research, data science, technology, and AI. If you share this passion to drive things forward and the integrity to insist on doing things the right way, we'll equip you to take your future into your own hands and play a leading role in our story.
- Design and develop interactive and engaging e-learning modules using content-creation tools.
- Collaborate with SMEs to storyboard content and ensure it meets learning objectives.
- Implement feedback and revisions to e-learning content based on GLT review, user feedback, and analytics.
- Maintain and update existing e-learning modules/courses as needed. Work with multimedia elements like audio, video, and graphics to enhance the learning experience.
- Stay current with e-learning trends, technologies, and the content-creation platform's evolving features.
- Participate in QA processes to ensure courses function properly.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of e-learning design processes and standards.
- Develop training content and technical rules for their assigned Product Groups.
- Provide training and support to the resources on the assigned set of categories.
- Act as a trainer and mentor for the team members. Maintain quality and identify issues.
- Perform audit validation and from the captured defects, identify root cause and fix. Work on special tasks and assignments from the leads and managers.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science.
- Proficiency in English, particularly written.
- Ability to convert complex content into learner-friendly modules.
- Knowledge of graphic design and multimedia principles.
- Familiarity with Content/Learning Management Systems.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Creative mindset.
- Problem-solving orientation.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Openness to feedback and continuous learning.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit and make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!