For almost 90 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, ROI, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of 8,000+ employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and will support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future, as we continue our evolution from Market Research provider to SaaS data solutions and consulting partner. We value extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
You will be working...
- In our Kuala Lumpur Engineering centre.
- A pivotal member of our team could influence our frontend stack based on a modern framework and tools whilst laying down foundations on front end development standards and practices.
- As part of a cross-functional agile team of technologists and data scientists, you will be closely collaborating with UX designers and product owners to implement front ends for our new generation of software products.
- On our customer reporting dashboard will be directly visible to thousands of our clients and directly impact their satisfaction with the GfK's services you would be realising.
- Work experience of building single page apps with React and TypeScript
- Skills to translate UX design to production grade HTML and CSS
- An understanding of how to consume RESTful APIs and GraphQL
- A good handle on CSS extension languages like Sass or Less
- Packaged your apps using tools like NPM or YARN and webpack
- Experience in various tests: unit, integration, acceptance (and mocking frameworks)
- A good understanding of version control tools like GitLab/ GitHub/ bitbucket with its configuration and its general pipeline configuration
- Desired skills in
- monitoring and alerting using Prometheus, Grafana,
- shipping your own projects in dockers via CI/CD
- devops mindset
- Nice to have experience in:
- building Micro frontends (MFEs)
- working in agile practice environments
- innovation effort for continuous improvements
- frontend architectural patterns
- building node.js or other backend technologies like Java/Springboot
- An open and collaborative mindset both within and outside your team
We love technology our tech stack stands as a testament to that: We are building cloud native applications with Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Java, Spring and more. We are agile and our focus is on constant improvement in our processes and ways of working and above all ourselves. We embrace change, we put our egos aside and take advice from others. We foster an engaged, open mindset within a non-hierarchical structure. We analyse, create, innovate, and improve.
We are a technology company on a mission to enable our customers to make data driven decisions. We provide insights and actionable recommendations by combining our data, market research heritage, and technical prowess in data analytics and machine learning. Many say they have big data problems. Well, we do have big data, and we also have big problems to solve. We are a group of diverse individuals who work together to apply modern technology and proven practices to solving problems around big data storage, big data processing, machine learning and complex data analysis and visualisation.
For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
Don't meet every single requirement? Some people are less likely to apply unless they meet all the requirements listed in a job specification. GfK is looking for self-starters to join our innovative team keen to take on a new challenge. So, if you're excited about this role but your skills and experience don't align perfectly with every requirement we've listed, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.