For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
In our Technology & Data business unit, we are responsible for the entire lifecycle of our data-driven products and the division Global Data Science is an essential part of it.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be part of a cross-functional development team, providing guidance and vision to other data scientists, and working hands-on with machine learning engineers, developers and client solution experts on delivering our end-2-end analytic solutions that will make us the indispensable data and analytics partner for the durable goods and technology industries.
At GfK, we develop our offerings with an agile mindset, which requires you to actively contribute to all phases of the solution development. It will be your responsibility to translate the product vision into data/analytic/algorithmic requirements, to conduct PoCs and to build prototypes, and at a later stage to work on high-performance implementations.
Concrete tasks will include:
• Design and develop analytical approaches based on product concepts, going all the way from feasibility checks to proof-of-concepts to prototypes to implementation in end-to-end solutions
• Manage and coordinate Data Science projects, i.e. defining user stories and specific tasks working closely with Product Owners and Product Managers
• Closely collaborate with machine learning engineers/ software engineers on creating data-driven end-to-end solutions for marketers
• Present GfK’s Data Science capabilities in client-facing situations, at conferences and in workshops
• Actively share Data Science knowledge within GfK's Technology and Data network
We look for a profile with complementary skills, such as:
• Expert knowledge of Python programming
• Experience in marketing analytics or similar areas (e.g. pricing research, brand related research, recommendations)
• Expert knowledge of forecasting and deep learning algorithms
• Expert skills with regard to database handling, in particular SQL, NoSQL
• Solid skills with regard to working in Big Data environments (e.g., GCP, Hive)
• Basic skills with regard to performance optimization and scalability (e.g., parallelization, code optimization, containerization, function as a service)
• Expert statistical modeling skills / knowledge on predictive analytics would be a plus
• PhD or Master degree that reflects strong modeling, statistics and IT skills.
• 4+ years of professional experience in quantitative data analysis/ data science or related areas
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!