We show the world what people want.
Join GfK and help us shape tomorrow. As an NIQ company, we are the world's leading consumer intelligence firm, delivering the Full View™ on consumer behavior. We work to enable manufacturers and retailers better understand what consumers really want. Our name has inspired trust for over 89 years because we take pride in discovering new pathways to sustainable growth for our clients, our people, and our planet.
We are always looking for open-minded people who will grow with us, push boundaries, and pioneer disruptive methods in market research, data science, technology, and AI. If you share this passion to drive things forward and the integrity to insist on doing things the right way, we'll equip you to take your future into your own hands and play a leading role in our story.
As a Data team we have to cover the three main specialties at the data field: Data Science, Data Analytics and Data Engineering. Today we have covered all the current needs in each field but we are looking for a boost in the Data Engineering part, looking to the future, by adding a person who provides us experience and knowledge about doing things in the right direction.
Currently we are working on developing a solid data strategy inside Netquest, so we are looking for a team builder, someone who enjoys working with others and working with different people and departments, understanding their needs, sharing the decisions with the team and explaining the data solutions to the partners. You will report to the Head of Data.
The senior data engineer will look beyond their primary team scope and work toward harmonization and improvement of solutions across the CSG or even beyond.
The senior data engineer is also accountable to pass on their knowledge on to other engineers when the opportunity arises during the course of their work:
- During pair programming/ pair work
- When sought for advice
- During code reviews
- By participating in Communities of Practice
The senior data engineer brings together technical assets from different disciplines within their team and for encouraging a common solution approach between team members with different technical backgrounds.
Knowledge and Background:
- The ability to design and implement an entire data pipeline from scratch
- Solve with scale-out approaches and how to combine them in data pipelines
- Knowledge about Data Architecture
- Awareness of Data Governance
- An economic view on questions of operability of crafted data pipelines:
- Maintain data integrity in cases of reprocessing
- Understanding of whether or how (internal or external) customer data deliveries are affected by changes to the software
- Awareness of data design patterns in the organization and best practices in general
- 3+ years of experience with data modelling, data schemas and evolution thereof
- Awareness of best practices of data transformation design patterns
- An advanced focus on data integrity when creating data pipelines, by building in means to monitor data health and state of intermediate data and alerting mechanisms
- Design Quality Control/Validation processes / Quality Gates
Technologies and standards:
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Awareness of scheduling tools, like Apache Airflow
- Interest in Big Data solutions, like Apache Spark
- In depth understanding of the Data Engineering techniques
- Maintain and extend processes and functionalities
- Experience with application packaging and delivery mechanisms, including CD/CI best practices and security concerns
- The ability to integrate partial solutions and RnD results into production-ready data pipelines
- The ability to build and operate infrastructure (e.g, for testing purposes)
- The ability to support on operational questions for environments in production
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure and services available for setting up and maintaining data pipelines (e.g., AWS)
- Advise on data transformation workflow designs and optimizations with the dimensions of cost, performance and delivery mechanisms (streams / increments / etc.)
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal employment opportunity, focusing on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We respect and value every employee regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, personality, experience, culture, faith, socio-economic status, or physical or mental disabilities.
We endorse the core principles and rights set forth in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, promoting the universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
Learn more about how we are driving diversity and inclusion in everything we do on: https://www.gfk.com/about-gfk/diversity-and-inclusion
At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
Don't meet every single requirement? Some people are less likely to apply unless they meet all the requirements listed in a job specification. GfK is looking for self-starters to join our innovative team keen to take on a new challenge. So, if you're excited about this role but your skills and experience don't align perfectly with every requirement we've listed, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.