For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and organised researcher to become a key member within an established team. Working alongside experts and specialists in areas such as branding, segmentation and market sizing, you will be responsible for delivering successful and highly valued brand and consumer insights to a diverse list of clients – both UK and global – covering a wider variety of industries from telecoms, home furnishings, automotive and media.
Vital to this role will be the ability to play a major part in creating and costing up proposals to respond to and win business from incoming briefs. The successful candidate must have experience of designing and conducting research across a range of industry sectors, including the tech and durables sectors.
The Senior Client Solutions Consultant possesses strong account handling and client servicing skills in tandem with a proven track record of building programs and outputs to address key business questions. Experience and knowledge of how clients should improve their brand, products, positioning and targeting are key assets. The post holder will have in-depth experience of research methodologies including segmentation, market landscaping and brand tracking, as well as working knowledge of statistical methodologies such as conjoint and max diff. Experience of brand tracking would also be desirable, as would an interest in trialling new research methodologies since GfK are developing new and exciting research products.
With a proven track record in delivering research programs this role will suit an ambitious person wanting to help clients in driving future decisions for their business.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Relevant research experience is essential
- Working knowledge of methods such as segmentation, shopper, brand tracking and market landscaping is preferred
- Strong IT skills, especially with Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with data analysis packages (SPSS, IBM Survey Reporter or similar) is essential
- Proven track record of leading and delivering research projects from commissioning to the delivery of insight
- Commercially minded – shows a good understanding of how the research will be used by the client and able to demonstrate when designing approaches and proposal writing
- Can guide non-research clients on key aspects of projects – such as methodological approach, sample sizes, analysis techniques and interpretation of results
- Ability to connect with clients and build relationships
- Strong POV on how to translate insight into meaningful action in today’s world
- Though line management may / may not be a role responsibility, leadership in thought and action is key for the team
- Developing strong relationship with client and becoming key point of contact for them – client communication is a key part of this role
- Ability to lead teams to analyse data and create reports that are easy to understand and actionable
- Knows how to create and drive insight within a business
- Presenting debriefs and reports to end-clients
- Continually improving both the design and analysis of presentations to create impactful and powerful workshops
- Passion for brands and communications
- Analysis skills – delivering insight and recommendations
- Commercially minded – can distil research to the key selling points and create compelling proposals / effective research projects
- Communication and presenting skills – including pitches
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage projects, teams and clients
- Strong and credible presentation skills – an ability to present to a range of audiences, from internal colleagues to pitch meetings, client stakeholders, as well as client-side researchers
At GfK our history and core values mean mutual trust and respect are fundamental to our continued success. We’re an ethical and honest company that’s wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!