For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
As a Scrum Master with a strong background in technology and agile methodologies you will take full ownership for the development of project management processes and practices. You will interact with key Product Owners, Engineering, QA and Data Science team members to deliver projects and initiatives in support of business objectives.
You will support 1-2 agile teams through the various agile ceremonies whilst providing status reports reflecting current project activities, dependencies, and impediments. You will work through blockers to keep the teams moving forward and support projects with geographically distributed teams, including third-party vendors.
In that position, you’ll be looked after by Sorabh, who realized that the team spirit, team collaboration and the processes coming from the teams are a huge added value to be successful. He has served several teams as servant leader and is in a continuous improvement process together with the teams.
As a Scrum Master, you will have the following key accountabilities:
- Guiding the teams on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the teams and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and working closely with the Product Owner, especially when it comes to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
Now that you know what a Scrum Master does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- At least 2 years' experience working as Scrum Master on IT projects
- Experiences with agile transformations in larger enterprises and legacy systems
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or equivalent experience
- Advanced working experience in using JIRA / Confluence
- Strong MS Word and MS Excel experience
- Solid reporting skills and analytical skills
- On top, your English communication skills are great, you are a team-player and tech-obsessed, always on the hunt for the latest and hottest shots
Join our team and benefit from the following advantages:
- Exciting work environment that brings people together
- Use of the latest digital technologies
- Initial and ongoing trainings to support your development
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme linked to individual performance and company results
- 3 additional non-working days annually
- Food vouchers
- Health insurance
- Discount program with external vendors
- Eco friendly travelers are welcome to the office – parking places for bikers and free card for public transportation are available to all employees
- Variety of sport activities such as football and traditional Bulgarian dances
- Last but not least – GfK Sofia office is located close to the city centre and easily accessible from any point by public transportation – 47A Tsarisgradsko Shose Blvd
All documents will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!