For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
For our Consumer Panel team, currently located in Dongen, but moving to the offices in Amstelveen in 2022, we are looking for a proactive and motivated Research Project Manager.
You will join the advanced solutions team, (AST, part of Consumer Panel) working primarily with advanced analytics and ad hoc solutions. We help our clients with their small and big questions by offering relevant and useful solutions and advice regarding changing consumer behavior.
At the GfK Consumer Panel team we know the ‘shopper’, therefore we can advise our clients in each phase of the shopper journey and deliver key insights on shopper behavior (why to buy) which are essential in order to make the right business decisions. From measuring relevant data to understand developments and formulate actions for the client. We use proven research expertise and have broad knowledge regarding in particular the FMCG and Food and Retail industry.
As a Research Project Manager, an exciting and varied field of activity awaits you, focusing on the close cooperation and consulting of the Shopper Client Teams as well as on the methodical integration, conception and implementation of survey research:
- You are responsible for the process and content of the surveys (project management);
- You transform client briefings into research briefings for the internal organization;
- You perform well-structured research, from a purposeful questionnaire to the selection of the correct target group, organization of scripting, fieldwork and data production as well as preparation of client deliverables, in order to provide the best possible answer for the client;
- You have regularly contact with clients as well as in the preparing phase as during the fieldwork and at the final presentation;
- You will work closely together with consultants and (senior) research project managers and support to give insights to manufacturers and retailers on shopping behavior;
- You are proactive and think in improving processes
Now that we’ve introduced you to the position as Research Project Manager, what skills, qualifications and experience should you have?
- You are a personality with strong communication and contact skills who is familiar with consumer goods markets and who thinks and acts in a customer-oriented way. You are committed, think analytically and would like to contribute with your creativity and innovative thinking to our team. You have a motivating and inspiring effect on others and convince with your competence and experience. You already have some experience with the shopper ad hoc research and would like to support our customers with your expertise in their strategic decisions.
- You have a University degree, preferably in market research, social sciences or business administration.
- You already have some professional experience and knowledge of the relevant ad hoc methods and tools, ideally with a focus on Shopper Insights.
- You have knowledge of statistics and affinity with ad hoc research techniques.
- You have knowledge of project management.
- You are experienced in MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- You have basic experience in SPSS and/or R.
- You are passionate about the FMCG/Food industry.
- You are native Dutch speaker and you are fluent in English.
- You can set priorities focusing on results and clients.
- You are a team player, hands on who knows when to work hard but also when to have fun!
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!