United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Research Associate position with in the Consumer Insights team encompasses broad responsibilities in a fast-paced consulting environment, leveraging a marketing research background while learning how to manage projects and answer clients' business questions.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with clients on different types of research (i.e., brand tracking, advertising effectiveness, advertising pre-testing, etc.)
- Experience working with knowledgeable, industry leaders
- Experience with GfK’s internal processes and systems
- Experience executing research across multiple methodologies
- The opportunity to move into a Senior Research Associate role to provide increased responsibility, visibility and upward mobility
This role includes the following:
- Manage aspects of projects including integrating data from multiple sources, analysis, storytelling, etc.
- Perform primary research to complement secondary research, providing clients with valuable insights
- Actively participate in client meetings/briefings
Ideally, you will bring the following:
- Ability to pull key insights from multiple data sources
- Curiosity and passion for problem solving, social media, market research or data analysis
- Curiosity and desire to understand clients’ business issues and how to deliver
- Experience using new technology or passive data
- Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Survey Reporter, SPSS, R or other data analysis software a plus
- Strong writing and presentation/communication skills
BA, BS in a variety of disciplines including not only market research, marketing, journalism, English, history, communications, etc.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!