United States of America
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
The Research Associate works on a growing international team conducting research on publicly traded companies derived from GfK’s proprietary data assets. We are looking for an energetic and motivated individual seeking to develop their critical thinking skills to serve the audience in the institutional investment space.
Essential Duties and Responsibility
- Mining through GfK’s proprietary global POS database using SQL, Power Pivot and Power BI.
- Contributing to impactful written analysis and ensure custom data cuts are delivered to clients.
- Effectively communicate GfK’s unique research messages to investment clients. You will be a lead client facing analyst covering multiple companies and engaging in challenging two-way conversations with our clients
- Analyze the fundamental health and future growth of the covered industry and its ecosystem using GfK’s proprietary POS data
- Compare the signals coming from our data with other external data points, such as company reports, news stories, etc.
- Travel as necessary to represent GfK Boutique at industry and GfK events.
- We are all working together towards a common goal and thus, teamwork is essential.
- It is expected that employees adhere to any specific deadlines set with respect to Company issues relating to professional servicing (internal and external) and objectives. The detail and scope of this Job Description may be altered to take into account any changes in company needs.
- The role requires analysis skills, problem solving aptitude, intellectual rigor as well as self-motivation. We value ingenuity, simplicity, and dedication to the achievement of team objectives.
- Exceptional analytical skills and an appetite for knowledge. Industry specific knowledge is desirable, but not essential. What is essential is the drive to learn about the markets and companies we cover
- High proficiency of Microsoft Excel (Power Pivot, Macros, Formulas) is a must.
- Minimum basic knowledge of SQL is a plus.
- Knowledge of R or Python is a plus.
- The ability to visualize data trends and conclusions in excel.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. As mentioned above, we work in a highly collaborative, yet highly geographically dispersed environment, so effective communication is critical
- In addition, one needs to be able to convey our messages to investor clients as clearly and concisely as possible. Associates need to be able to think on their feet when challenged and be responsive to client needs
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!