For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life - and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
As Regional Category Specialist the successful postholder takes a proactive approach to category strategy development and implementation across the Northern Central Europe (NCE) region. Reporting to the Regional Category Manager NCE, the Regional Category Specialist supports in supplier development activities, sourcing projects, specification definition and demand management. The Regional Category Specialist is diligent in continually monitoring supplier performance and innovation activities as well as will striving to the leverage the best possible value for the business.
- Encourage and influence to ensure areas of direct spend are channelled through Procurement
- Negotiating with suppliers and manage own third-party suppliers
- Capture future demand information & review changes to reflect within Category strategy
- Apply best practices to deliver outcomes and effectively manage governance and risk
- identify and deliver opportunities for innovation within assigned category
- Ensuring that goods and services are delivered in accordance with the project specifications and ensure an efficient service is provided to the stakeholder
- Work with Regional Category Manager and Regional Head of Procurement to raise the profile of Procurement within the organisation
Now that you know what a Global Category Specialist does, what skills, qualifications and experience do you need?
- Experience of working in a Procurement or Supply Chain development environment, with a working knowledge of procurement lifecycle and associated regulations
- Driven to seek out changes in the market and sector insights to inform strategy, knowledge specific to the Professional Service or Consulting industry is desirable
- Actively build, maintain and nurture relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Experience of e-Procurement tools, Outlook and Microsoft Office suite and can demonstrate using Excel for analytical purposes
- You will be able to evidence working as part of a team with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- You will be able to both lead and contribute to projects while managing a varied workload
This vacancy can be based in any NCE office location - e.g London, Nuremberg/Munich, Copenhagen, Warsaw, Kiev, Vienna
We are an ethical and honest company that is wholly committed to its clients and employees. We are proud to be an inclusive workplace for all and are committed to equal opportunity in employment which focuses on all of our employees reaching their full potential. At GfK we work collaboratively with our colleagues but offer a flexible working approach, including dividing our time between office & remote working as well as the opportunity to flex our working hours around team core hours.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to get to know you!